Help support TMP

"15mm modern comparison shot" Topic

15 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Modern Discussion Message Board

998 hits since 10 Sep 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

werwulf Supporting Member of TMP10 Sep 2012 8:52 p.m. PST

Hey all,
Just put up a comparison shot of Old Glory, Peter Pig, MJ Miniatures, Flashpoint Miniatures, QRF, Rebel minis, Flytrap Factory and GZG.

werwulfswarroom.blogspot.ca

Hope this is of some help.

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP10 Sep 2012 9:03 p.m. PST

Thanks for that
Those Old Glory figures are pretty awful in the flesh.

The Flytrap figures are looking good.

werwulf Supporting Member of TMP10 Sep 2012 9:34 p.m. PST

Your welcome. Which OG's? The modern Americans are not great, but the Afghans and Middle East dudes aren't to bad. I'm hoping to get some of their Brits soon.

Personal logo GeoffQRF Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Sep 2012 1:26 a.m. PST

Probably the worse choice of figures for us, as the postwar US are one of the oldest ranges and smaller than our current offerings. Drop me an email and I can get you a pack of the new modeerns.

JARROVIAN Supporting Member of TMP11 Sep 2012 9:01 a.m. PST

The new Old Glory Rhodesians are quite good

Gennorm11 Sep 2012 2:05 p.m. PST

Question to QRF – any chance of some US to fit between the Post War and Modern ranges i.e. Fritz helmets, M16s, M60s, Dragons. You can get figures fit the Nam and Afghanistan but not for late Cold War and Desert Storm.

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP11 Sep 2012 5:21 p.m. PST

I was referrig to OG's Mid East & African 15's. Im not a fan. I havent seen/ owned any of their US troops.

Personal logo GeoffQRF Sponsoring Member of TMP12 Sep 2012 2:20 a.m. PST

Question to QRF any chance of some US to fit between the Post War and Modern ranges i.e. Fritz helmets, M16s, M60s, Dragons. You can get figures fit the Nam and Afghanistan but not for late Cold War and Desert Storm.

Oh, yes. They will be coming.

Gennorm12 Sep 2012 9:24 a.m. PST

Goodo!

Gennorm13 Sep 2012 2:59 a.m. PST

Does anybody know if the Irregular Miniatures Modern Soviet range is compatible with the QRF Modern/Postwar figures?

Gennorm07 Oct 2012 2:54 p.m. PST

I've managed to get a few of each. The Irregular are a bit bigger and I won't be mixing them very closely.

Gennorm31 Oct 2012 3:02 a.m. PST

Question to QRF any chance of some US to fit between the Post War and Modern ranges i.e. Fritz helmets, M16s, M60s, Dragons. You can get figures fit the Nam and Afghanistan but not for late Cold War and Desert Storm.

Oh, yes. They will be coming.

Any idea of an ETA?

Personal logo GeoffQRF Sponsoring Member of TMP31 Oct 2012 3:36 a.m. PST

Not at the moment. Just so many to do, and so little time :-)

I'm just sorting helmets for the post war British, and berets for the modern French. Then I will be working on cold war (First Clash) Canadians and updating the cold war soviets (with new paras).

I will probably do the cold war Americans after that, along with enough extras to enable people to mix and match a bit for other European nations, although I doubt I will get around to dedicated cold war Belgians, Swedes, Finns, etc, at least not in the immediate future :-)

Then Chas wants me to go back over the whole arab-israeli range, expanding and replacing it.

Gennorm31 Oct 2012 6:15 a.m. PST

I'm weighing up what NATO force to get – probably WG but Canadians offer possibilities for scenariod out if First Clash. When will they be out? Also will QRF be at Warfare?

Personal logo GeoffQRF Sponsoring Member of TMP31 Oct 2012 6:17 a.m. PST

Yes, we are at Warfare.

Canadians won't be until next year.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.