Help support TMP

"Tomorrow's War demo at Ducosim " Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the SF Battle Reports Message Board

580 hits since 10 Sep 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pijlie10 Sep 2012 3:16 a.m. PST

As my first attempt has vanished somewhere into the void (IOW I can't find it anywhere) here's my second attempt to post my AAR of my demo this weekend:

picture

picture

Some pictures and information can be found on my blog:

pijlieblog.blogspot.nl

Hope you like it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP10 Sep 2012 3:26 a.m. PST

Good report. Besides your game and the neighbors, were there other miniature wargame demos?

I still think of DUCOSIM as board and card games.
Cheers,

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP10 Sep 2012 3:28 a.m. PST

Interesting. The last post has not registered as a comment on the front page.

TMP bug?

Pijlie10 Sep 2012 3:31 a.m. PST

Let's keep it at the TMP bug :o)

DUCOSIM actually sports quite a lot of miniatures games. Last saturday there were, besides the obligatory Warhammer tournaments, a Warmachine tournament, a Force on Force 1980ies WW3 game, a WW2 game with an unknown ruleset and my neighbours with another TW game.

You really should drop by in november :o)

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP10 Sep 2012 5:43 a.m. PST

Thanks for the information. I have placed 10 November in the agenda.
Cheers,

Personal logo richarDISNEY of the RDGC Supporting Member of TMP10 Sep 2012 7:55 a.m. PST

Nice!

I just got into Tomorrow's War and am loving it. Great rule set there.
beer

PatrickWR10 Sep 2012 8:20 a.m. PST

Looks good, glad you were able to figure out the rules for new players. I would not have thought TW would make for a decent convention game, but you have proved me wrong here!

MKGipson10 Sep 2012 10:10 a.m. PST

Patrick,

Tomorrow's War can demo very well. You just have to do some advanced planning and a bit of playtesting. The link below is to my After-Action Report last September on a TW game I ran at that Fall Recruits gaming convention.

It was fun!

link

Walworth County Wargamer

MKGipson10 Sep 2012 10:33 a.m. PST

Oh, and Pijlie, very good report! The key is that people playing the game have fun!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.