Help support TMP

"DBA 3.0 release date?" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the DBx Message Board

1,019 hits since 1 Sep 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

HarryHotspurEsq Supporting Member of TMP01 Sep 2012 10:56 a.m. PST

All snide remarks aside, has an ETA been announced for the final/actual release of 3.0?

punkrabbitt returns01 Sep 2012 1:11 p.m. PST

I haven't seen one yet. I hope soon!

lkmjbc301 Sep 2012 1:42 p.m. PST

Nope, the rules are in final testing. Most major changes are in place. Still in play are the Horde troop type and some improvements to terrain. Phil still needs to finish updating book 1 & 2 lists. I would guess early December as a publish date.

Joe Collins

Guthroth01 Sep 2012 3:09 p.m. PST

I wouldn't go looking for it until next year

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP01 Sep 2012 3:30 p.m. PST

I'm guessing it will a post-apocalyptic publication (late December at best).

Doug

HarryHotspurEsq Supporting Member of TMP02 Sep 2012 12:08 a.m. PST

Cheers

mashrewba02 Sep 2012 1:09 p.m. PST

Any news on DBA 4.0 …

warhorse02 Sep 2012 6:54 p.m. PST

Now that was brilliant.

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP04 Sep 2012 3:11 p.m. PST

I expected it to be released December 2011 and then a whole new round of changes began. Joe's comments are all good but he misses the biggest addition of all, the diagrams. These have not been started, at least not for review by that 30 person International Review Group helping.

I am looking forward to the Diagrams because with those I hope to understand the various new complexities. My biggest fear is that the diagrams will set off a new round of discussion as some points become clearer and perhaps problematic.

If we do not see it by 12-21-12 will we ever?

Grandviewroad Inactive Member20 Sep 2012 6:16 p.m. PST

All I can say is "whatever Bob thinks must be right" since he is THE DBA guy, and that I'll buy DBA 3.0 unless it is univerally panned, including by Bob.

And yes, I'd like a release date!

Ammianus21 Sep 2012 4:43 a.m. PST

Oh lordy Bob, that sounds scary.

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP21 Sep 2012 3:32 p.m. PST

Latest version, this week, is looking good. I suggest it is not all that user friendly but much clearer than 2.2. Could a newbie pick it up and play? It will soon be posted to the Yahoo group so you can decide.

Grandviewroad, thanks for the vote of confidence. I do not pan it, but I am not newbie, to say the least. I really like it for giant, historical/scenario battles as the Big Moves and other fast play rules make the bigger games more exciting. I have done one on one games and it plays ok. How will it work for the traditional tournament with experienced and new players together (could be like Dr. Venkman says,like dogs and cats living together.)

Loyalists to Phil, say calm and it will all work out in the end. He is, after all, one of the best rule creators since H.G. Wells but editing??? Didn't someone say a Writer who edits his own work has a fool for a client.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.