Help support TMP

"15mm DBA Command Stands" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the DBx Message Board

413 hits since 31 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

mikeygees Supporting Member of TMP31 Aug 2012 3:13 p.m. PST

In FOG Generals are based on 40mm x 40mm stands. I like the look of that. It differentiates the Generals from rank and file. Could this work for DBA? The only disadvantage/advantage I could see is for WB or Kn's who follow up and would not make conact with the retreating General, since he is pushed back 40mm instaed of the usual 30mm. Esthetically it looks more pleasing, and you can fit more (staff) next to the General.

Mikeyg

Personal logo Who asked this joker Supporting Member of TMP31 Aug 2012 3:48 p.m. PST

There is something in the rules about double based elements of foot recoiling only half a base width. Mounted must pursue up to a full base width if required. As well, if a foot unit must pursue, it must advance up to 20mm (half a base width). So the short answer is "Yes. It will work."

Dave Crowell31 Aug 2012 4:38 p.m. PST

Just push the base back the distance a "standard" base would recoil. Ignore the extra depth for gameplay purposes.

RudyNelson Inactive Member31 Aug 2012 4:42 p.m. PST

In DBA Generals are a specific troop type that varies with lists. They also count as one of the 12 stands.
The FoG concept would not work.

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP31 Aug 2012 4:56 p.m. PST

I think it would work amongst friends, but not with tournament players.

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP31 Aug 2012 10:02 p.m. PST

Generals can be mounted on chariots, elephants and command wagons, all based 40x40mm. Under the proposed 3.0, mounted have an option to retire a full Base Width.

My command staff have extra banners or standards but can have foot figures, officers, standard bearers and musicians on the same base as his "largeness"; only to make the stand distinctive and yet fight and move as mounted.

Cheers,

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.