Help support TMP

"Borodino 1812 diorama exhibition in London" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Back to the Napoleonics Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Dioramas Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

1,778 hits since 30 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 8 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

borodino1812 Inactive Member30 Aug 2012 9:37 a.m. PST

My 1,900 figure diorama model of the Borodino battle will be exhibited in London
4th – 14th September at the Russian Embassy Cultural Centre Rossotridnichestvo office
First floor, 37 Kensington High Street, London W8 5ED
rusemb.org.uk/1812/12
regards,
Gerry West
borodino1812.co.uk
link

Maxshadow Supporting Member of TMP30 Aug 2012 10:07 a.m. PST

Gerry, that's pretty awesome. I think I might need to revisit the site to take it all in.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP30 Aug 2012 10:12 a.m. PST

Some interesting pics here.

link

borodino1812.co.uk

Incredible good job Gerald!.
Congratulations!

Amicalement
Armand

1815Guy Supporting Member of TMP30 Aug 2012 11:30 a.m. PST

Wow! Fantastic!

You realise of course that you are totally nuts for even attempting such a large scale project???!! :o)

Baconfat Inactive Member30 Aug 2012 4:59 p.m. PST

Incredible.

borodino1812 Inactive Member08 Sep 2012 9:41 a.m. PST

thanks for the comments and hits on Flickr site. Display opened by Russian Ambassador and reported on main Russian TV station – following on after Mr Putin.
1tv.ru/newsvideo/214834

Widowson20 Nov 2012 11:57 a.m. PST

Man, this stuff takes me back!

Back to the days when there were no Napoleonic figures, and everybody had to be converted. I recognize specific figures, including Airfix WWI casualties. Good conversions!

Great lighting on the photography, as well. No substitute for good photography.

Marcus Maximus22 Nov 2012 1:35 p.m. PST

Amazing model, dedication and unparalleled commitment. Fantastic stuff. You certainly get a sense of a huge battle in action in dynamic proportions across the model in terms of scale and quantity of models. Just incredible. Thank you for sharing with us all.

Richard Johnstone Inactive Member22 Nov 2012 2:08 p.m. PST

Looks incredible! It's amazingly dynamic, and impressive, don't think I've painted that many miniatures in my whole life!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.