Help support TMP

"Bavarians and Austrians clash again - DBA 3.0" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the DBx Message Board

Back to the Medieval Battle Reports Message Board

563 hits since 28 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP28 Aug 2012 1:38 a.m. PST

A new report has been posted with photos. Also noted more observations about movement distances and possible deployment changes.

dbagora.blogspot.nl

Swiss and Austrians next time.
Cheers,
Robert

Personal logo Brigadier General Supporting Member of TMP28 Aug 2012 5:11 a.m. PST

Robert are you playing solo?

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP28 Aug 2012 6:19 a.m. PST

For the moment, yes, as both my regular DBA oppenents are away on holiday.

There are enough subtle differences between the two versions that I would like to first become better acquainted with; side and rear support, distance shooting and BUA to name a few.

Neither have seen the ten Late Medieval armies in person, so our first game will be an "experience".

Cheers,

Personal logo Who asked this joker Supporting Member of TMP28 Aug 2012 6:53 a.m. PST

Fast units generally cheapen the advantage that units like Ax or Ps have over other units. Why have Ps when you can have a Bd that is just as fast and more powerful?

lkmjbc328 Aug 2012 8:15 a.m. PST

Hmm. Ps are "Fast" units.

Joe Collins

Personal logo Who asked this joker Supporting Member of TMP28 Aug 2012 8:39 a.m. PST

Hmm. Ps are "Fast" units.

Yes….but…that is their purpose. Not so much for heavy infantry. Just sayin'.

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP28 Aug 2012 12:20 p.m. PST

I shall be testing "fast" and "faster" this weekend; Swiss vs. Austrians and if time permits, Austrians vs. late Hungarians.

I shall place an order with Legio Heroica to build an Italian Condotta army. Aside from the usual fixtures, you do have the double based pavisier and crossbow. Three of those would make an interesting big battle army.

Cheers,

Personal logo vtsaogames Supporting Member of TMP28 Aug 2012 3:51 p.m. PST

Double-based? On my, I'll have to re-base my Condottiere.

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP29 Aug 2012 3:03 a.m. PST

vtsaogames,

Under DBA 2.2, the Condotta had two elements of 8Cb. As the 3.0 are not officially out, I would wait.

I jumped in two months ago as the Medieval German list, under the proposed 3.0 no longer required the knights in wedge or double base.

However, double based pavisier and crossbow look rather cool.

Cheers,

Personal logo Who asked this joker Supporting Member of TMP29 Aug 2012 10:07 a.m. PST

However, double based pavisier and crossbow look rather cool.

Agreed. In fact, double based heavy infantry in general look really cool. grin

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.