Help support TMP

"FOG A v2 15mm basing" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Field of Glory Message Board

550 hits since 27 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Madmike1 Inactive Member27 Aug 2012 8:39 p.m. PST

Does anyone know if V2 will follow the FOG R basing of using the MF base as the standard for foot?

I have several 15mm armies using the old HF bases but prefer the look of the MF base.

jameshammyhamilton28 Aug 2012 1:29 a.m. PST

I don't know if there will be such a change but I really really cannot see it being the case. There are a LOT of troops based on 15mm deep bases out there and the outcry over such a change would make the one on electronic only rules seem like nothing.

WCTFreak28 Aug 2012 12:25 p.m. PST

I don't think so, they already get a real Bleeped textstorm in their forum about that 'only electronic' stuff…

TwinCities Gamer Supporting Member of TMP28 Aug 2012 3:17 p.m. PST

What is the downside to mounting your heavy foot on 20mm bases as long as its clear before the battle that you're running medium or heavy?

I agree with Mike that 15mms look better on a 20mm base. You really have to squeeze the figures on with a 15mm bases, which puts a good paint job to waste.

Madmike1 Inactive Member28 Aug 2012 11:30 p.m. PST

The old 15mm wide bases were ok when minis were thin 15mm figures all casted in a single position, now they are 18mm with multiple different positions.

TamsinP Supporting Member of TMP29 Aug 2012 2:53 p.m. PST

From what I recall reading, V2 has no changes to base sizes.
As for 15 vs 20mm deep for heavy foot, whichever you prefer. With deeper bases, the main effects are that you may find it more difficult to wheel or turn in close proximity to other troops and you could be more exposed to flank attacks.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.