Help support TMP

"Great Northern War FOGr" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the Field of Glory Message Board

782 hits since 25 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Ned Ludd25 Aug 2012 11:30 a.m. PST

I have always wanted to game the GNW but can't get my gaming pal interested. However he is very interested in the FOGr he competitively games it and we both have an army each for it. I have bought the Duty and Glory book and I think I can squeeze armies for the GNW out of the list. I was thinking of the Danish as a starting army. So what are the opinions of using these rules for the GNW?

Ned Ludd31 Aug 2012 12:06 p.m. PST

Wow, is it such a difficult question?

Jeremy Sutcliffe Inactive Member01 Sep 2012 8:20 a.m. PST

If you can't identify any innovation in terms of weapons technology/tactics in the GNW which can't be covered by the FoG(r)rules, or by a marginal tweak than there should be no problem.

Personally, I'd try to sell him on BP + the LAOK supplement

spontoon Supporting Member of TMP02 Sep 2012 8:11 a.m. PST

There Is But One True Set of Rules! WRG 1685-1845! All Else is Heresy!

I've always wanted to try the pike rules in them. i'm working on some 28mm Swedish pikemen for GNR now. Slowly!

Gennorm09 Sep 2012 6:43 a.m. PST

I've used BP successfully with a few tweaks. FOG-R could work wotj a few adjustments.

SheriffLee Inactive Member20 Sep 2012 5:37 a.m. PST

PIKE and SHOTTE by Warlord games have GNW forces in the book. It is a easy game to learn and play.

Tzen6724 Sep 2012 10:24 a.m. PST

I think Maurice would work too.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.