Help support TMP

"15mm Modern Vehicle Review, Master Thread" Topic

15 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Product Reviews Message Board

1,125 hits since 13 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Louie N Supporting Member of TMP13 Aug 2012 12:56 p.m. PST

Hello all,
Over a year ago I decided to launch a Cold War/Modern 15mm project. I just love the current suite of military vehicles. I am sure this related to me being a kid during the eighties. Over the last year or two, I have purchased, assembled, but not painted, a large mortar pool of 15mm modern vehicles.

I recall that finding quality pictures of the models was difficult. I often found myself depending on reviews and post from other gamers. The information posted by other gamers was very useful and I wanted to return the favor by sharing pictures of these miniatures.

Over the next week I will post on separate threads, images of the unpainted miniatures of 34 15mm vehicles. My hope is to use this thread to link to those other individual threads. I did not think it was wise to post 140 pictures in one location. I hope other modern gamers will find this a useful visual library.

The manufactures represented are Skytrex/OldGlory, QRF, and Irishserb. I also had additional miniatures from Quality Castings and even more vehicles from the manufactures shown. So you can ask questions about QRF's T-72s, M113s, M109s, and Skytrex's T-72s.

Thanks

Irish Serb:
Bradley IFV A2
TMP link

ERC 90
TMP link

VBL
TMP link

Peter Pig:
Humvee
TMP link

QRF:
AMX 10 RC
TMP link

BMP-2
TMP link

BMP-3
TMP link

Bradley IFV
TMP link

BTR-80A
TMP link

Jaguar 2
TMP link

Leopard I
TMP link

Leopard 2
TMP link

Luchs
TMP link

M1 and M1A1
TMP link

M60A3
TMP link

Marder IFV
TMP link

Panther
TMP link

Scimitar
TMP link

T-64B
TMP link

T-72M1
TMP link

T-80
TMP link

Personal logo Only Warlock Supporting Member of TMP13 Aug 2012 1:01 p.m. PST

You should have done this to start instead of Spamming the board. Sorry to complain, but really.

Louie N Supporting Member of TMP13 Aug 2012 1:15 p.m. PST

I apologize.

In my excitement I didn't think the mechanics through completely. It was not my intent to spam and I didn't realize what the consequence until John pointed it out.

I will space out the remaining post over several days, with no more than one a day.

Thank you

Personal logo GeoffQRF Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Aug 2012 1:22 p.m. PST

I know I over-advertise a little occasionally, but this was nothing to do with me. :-)

I think Louie's links only work about because they are lissted already, otherwise he couldn't post this one to link back to them so doing this to start with wouldn't work.

Personal logo Cheriton Supporting Member of TMP13 Aug 2012 3:09 p.m. PST

Sorry Geoff, but I surrender:

TMP link

guinness

Personal logo GeoffQRF Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Aug 2012 4:01 p.m. PST

It reaaly has nothing to do with me (other than making all the nice toys)

Mako1113 Aug 2012 4:15 p.m. PST

Well, we are very happy for that.

As long as you are producing nice stuff, and making it available for sale, I say SPAM on, since that's what I come here for, e.g. to see and learn about new miniatures, and/or older ranges that I may be interested in.

Very happy to see clear photos of these, from all of the various angles.

Personal logo Barks1 Supporting Member of TMP14 Aug 2012 11:43 p.m. PST

Thanks for the photos, Louie.

Have you considered a blog to track your project's progress?

Also, would you consider some sort of scale in your pictures- either a common object or a ruler or lined cutting board etc?

Nice work!

Louie N Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2012 8:01 p.m. PST

picture

I am just checking to see if the coast is clear. It looks like things have quieted down. Well if that is the case back to the miniatures.

Tonight I will post the next review, and the only one for today. It will feature the Skytrex/Old Glory Challenger I tank and Warrior IFV.

Just as a note, I am not associated nor have I ever met anyone from QRF, Irishserb, or Skytrex.

When you are in the market for 15mm modern vehicles between 1980-2000 you will be focused on those companies.

Also if anyone has a particular request for a comparison shot or for measurements, please feel free to ask. I might not be able to get to it quickly, but I will try to make it happen.

Skytrex Challenger Tank and Warrior IFV

TMP link

Next week the Skytrex Soviet equipment

Thanks

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP23 Aug 2012 3:24 p.m. PST

Excellent thread.

R Mark Davies26 Aug 2012 8:44 a.m. PST

Louie, you did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong. Thank you very much for your informative posts. The funny thing is that I don't recall the head moaners ever producing posts even half as informative or useful as yours.

Separate posts also make it FAR easier to find later for reference.

The f-wits moaning about/to you can frankly shove it where the sun doesn't shine. And I'm not talking about Fishguard.

picture

Louie N Supporting Member of TMP28 Aug 2012 9:18 a.m. PST

The BMP-1 from Skytrex has been added this week.

TMP link

Louie N Supporting Member of TMP02 Sep 2012 12:33 p.m. PST

French forces have their APC shown today.

TMP link

VAB 4X4

Thanks

Louie N Supporting Member of TMP16 Sep 2012 9:32 p.m. PST

This week we have a BTR-60 and two versions of the BRDM.

Thanks and enjoy

TMP link

Maxshadow Supporting Member of TMP13 Oct 2012 4:41 a.m. PST

Very helpful, thanks Louie

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.