Help support TMP

"2nd Dropzone Commander Game" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Battle Reports Message Board

Action Log

10 Aug 2012 8:51 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from SF Product Reviews board

727 hits since 10 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP10 Aug 2012 8:20 p.m. PST

Today was round two. The UCM took on the PHR forces and this time they brought their drop ships.

The drop ship rules really aren't anything special, but combined with the relative movement rates and weapon ranges of troops in the game it really does produce a unique system.

The game was pretty fast paced. We had about 511 pts of UCM taking on 504 pts of PHR. Or at least those are my calculations.

The two forces were just straight up fighting and they met and the dropships exchanged fire while depositing their crews. One of the PHR dropships was destroyed leaving the walkers on the far part of the city while the UCM concentrated their forces against the dug in PHR infantry in the Northern suburbs.

The firefight went quickly against the UMC troops until the Sabers arrived and evened things up a bit. But the 2nd unit of walkers quickly came over and eliminated that threat. The PHR infantry was able to occupy several blocks of the city and even the UCM troops deployed in APCs were not able to dislodge them when they took up positions in buildings opposite.

Once the last Sabre was brewed up the UCM decided that the fight was over, got into their APCs and with their last Condor covering for them disengaged.

This game really showed us how the rules work with the stats for the models. It is really a neat game and keeps you thinking although the rules themselves are pretty simple. There was even some close combat this time and that might be a way for the UCM troops to overcome the enemy next time. I'm not sure we did the close combat exactly correctly.

What had happened was that the PHR infantry got in their drop ship from their building and flew over to the building occupied by the UCM. They went in and waited for the UCM troops to react when they had to fight the aggressors. The fight was over in one turn and the stand of UCM troops was gone, but the PHR Immortals had taken a couple of hits in the process.

Everything was relatively simple. I need to make up army quick view sheets to keep all the stuff at hand to speed up the game.

Mako1110 Aug 2012 8:27 p.m. PST

And post photos.

Thanks for sharing your battle writeup. Sounds like fun.

Personal logo MrHarold Sponsoring Member of TMP10 Aug 2012 9:02 p.m. PST

Very nice… enjoying reading your reports. I, like many i'm sure, am very interested in this game…

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP10 Aug 2012 9:20 p.m. PST

Tomorrow will be a third game. I will certainly be posting another report after that.

DinOfBattle211 Aug 2012 6:27 a.m. PST

And photos?

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Aug 2012 6:53 a.m. PST

No photos. I don't have a camera currently since my smart phone broke.

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Aug 2012 6:41 p.m. PST

Our third game went much like the 2nd one, only smoother. The fact that we played one of the scenarios in the book made things much more interesting.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.