Help support TMP

"Lurkio 15mm Mapuche preview" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Renaissance Discussion Message Board

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Field of Glory Message Board

617 hits since 8 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo listlurker Supporting Member of TMP08 Aug 2012 2:34 a.m. PST

A few pics from the painting table of the masters in prep

thanks for looking
Simon

lurkio.co.uk

lurkio.co.uk/blog

Yesthatphil08 Aug 2012 4:20 a.m. PST

I don't know much about these South American (?) types … what are those 'hockey stick' type weapons, Simon?

Personal logo Buckeye AKA Darryl Supporting Member of TMP08 Aug 2012 5:09 a.m. PST

Not a period I have ever gamed, but these are great looking figs! One thing, in looking at your website, everything seems to be sold for certain gaming systems. I for one would not need to buy figures with bases included, so any chance you will offer figures without them at a slightly reduced price over the figures with bases?

Personal logo listlurker Supporting Member of TMP08 Aug 2012 5:29 a.m. PST

what are those 'hockey stick' type weapons

its called a lonco quillquill. Made of luma wood ,over 6' long and had an angled end to hook horsemen out of the saddle.

An interesting army who held their own against the Incas and the Spanish. The figures here are the later period with the adopted Spanish armament

Sloppypainter08 Aug 2012 8:10 a.m. PST

"I for one would not need to buy figures with bases included, so any chance you will offer figures without them at a slightly reduced price over the figures with bases?"

Same here. Bags of figures only would be helpful.

Personal logo listlurker Supporting Member of TMP08 Aug 2012 9:13 a.m. PST

"I for one would not need to buy figures with bases included, so any chance you will offer figures without them at a slightly reduced price over the figures with bases?"

Same here. Bags of figures only would be helpful

I'll look into it. But the reduction wouldn't be much I'm afraid

thanks
Simon

jefritrout Supporting Member of TMP08 Aug 2012 11:18 a.m. PST

The Mapuche have a facinating story and a fun IMO army. They fought the Incas to a standstill while they were conquering everywhere else. The Mapuche then met the Spanish. The Spanish overran the Northern tribes, but the Southern tribes fought a battle against the Spanish for over 300 years until they were finally defeated in the late 1800s.

They were quick to use captured Spanish weapons and armor. They also captured horses and began to learn to ride them. In the late 1500s and 1600s they even had entire mounted armies (mainly raiding forces). One of the few Native American armies that had both infantry and cavalry. Some of them can even be used to fight in the Wars of Liberation against Chilean troops from the 1820s.

I for one am very glad to see this army being produced.

Oh Bugger Supporting Member of TMP08 Aug 2012 1:14 p.m. PST

Great to see this range.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.