Help support TMP

"Durability of GameCraft's Western Buildings?" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Old West Message Board

616 hits since 28 Jul 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

CPBelt28 Jul 2012 2:45 p.m. PST

How durable have these buildings been for folks using them in their games? They look like great models, but I've never seen them in person.

Personal logo Unrepentant Werewolf 2 Supporting Member of TMP28 Jul 2012 4:13 p.m. PST

Have two, with the floors included they are very durable.
They fit in well alongside my other stuff from Sarissa and 4Ground.

CPT Jake28 Jul 2012 4:54 p.m. PST

I got mine before they came with floors, but mounted them on 3mm plywood, and they are doing fine. I did add plastic card 'wood' floors to the smaller buildings. I also added some interior stalls and a hay loft to the barn.

picture

picture

Plenty of pictures including in-progress shots, here: link

Personal logo RavenscraftCybernetics Supporting Member of TMP29 Jul 2012 8:42 a.m. PST

They are quite sturdy even w/o floors.

CPBelt29 Jul 2012 8:23 p.m. PST

Thanks. This evening, I was going to buy a couple small buildings to test them and take advantage of a small sale they're running, but when I got to the shipping (nearly $13 USD) on a $23 USD order, I decided to pass.

Necros Sponsoring Member of TMP29 Jul 2012 8:28 p.m. PST

I have a few of their kits, none with floors, but they're very sturdy. I just glued them together with white glue and they've held up great.

Personal logo Brian Smaller Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2012 1:56 p.m. PST

I have half a dozen and they are pretty tough. Once glued together they are solid as I need them to be. I wouldn't want to stand on one but suspect if I did it would hold out for a bit longer than my homemade foamcore and balsa buildings.

skyking20 Inactive Member10 Nov 2012 11:05 a.m. PST

When Arnica first came out with this style building, I did a stress test on trhe corners as I was considering folding them up after use. Well after 1oo test assemblies I saw nop loss of tightness or susceptibility to breakage

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.