Help support TMP

"Borodino Scenario for Historicon" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonics Scenarios Message Board

569 hits since 7 Jul 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Gonsalvo Supporting Member of TMP08 Jul 2012 11:10 a.m. PST

I've posted the scenario we'll be using for our big Borodino game at Historicon:

link

We've organized it so that it can now handle up to 12 players a side; at present we have the full 14 pre-registered plus another 9 confirmed add on players.

picture

"Czar" Barry, Joe, Greg, and I have been planning this one for 2 years. The last of the figures are painted, and we're really looking forward to running this one! We'll see some of you there – less than 2 weeks to go.

Peter

msoong08 Jul 2012 1:05 p.m. PST

Man I wish I can be there. Freddy and Jeff will have to take good pictures!

msoong08 Jul 2012 1:06 p.m. PST

Are you guys doing Leipzig next year?

Personal logo VonBlucher Supporting Member of TMP08 Jul 2012 2:36 p.m. PST

Peter,
Looks good and best of luck with the game.

John

Personal logo Gonsalvo Supporting Member of TMP08 Jul 2012 3:13 p.m. PST

Milton,

Well, we thought about Leipzig, but it seemed impractical, even to me, LOL. Of course, it's possible Jim Mauro could still talk me into it (Joe's going to have seizures if he reads that). I do plan on doing Dresden for 2013, plus probably Hannau, Liebertkolwitz [?sp] (a big, mostly Cavalry action immediately prior Leipzig), and who knows what else if the rest of the guys don't restrain my enthusiasm with common sense. :-)

Personal logo Gonsalvo Supporting Member of TMP08 Jul 2012 3:15 p.m. PST

Thanks, John!

We're really looking forward to it. It has worked well in playtests by section, and we have a large number of players signed up who are experienced with Field of Battle , and have the right attitude (or at least they do if they drink enough beer!)

Peter

kallman08 Jul 2012 5:20 p.m. PST

Cool! I do not play Nappy's but I will have to come by and see such an excellent effort. If it were not sold out I might even want to give the period a go. As a fellow game master I tip my hat to you both and I hope the game goes off smoothly.

The Gonk09 Jul 2012 7:26 a.m. PST

I shall attend. From Wagram to Borodino… Commencez le feu!

Personal logo Gonsalvo Supporting Member of TMP09 Jul 2012 9:04 a.m. PST

@WM – thanks for the kind words, and by all means do drop by. We may have one slot open, and usually tere are some folks who don't show for whatever reason. FoB is cery easy to learn.

See you there, Andy!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.