Help support TMP

"Quatre Bras Reinforcements Table" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Solo Wargamers Message Board

Back to the Napoleonics Scenarios Message Board

701 hits since 6 Jun 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

ironlegs06 Jun 2012 5:42 p.m. PST

I'm having a practice run through of the Quatre Bras scenario I have been working on. To simulate the uncertainty of the arrival of reinforcements for both sides, I have made up an Excel spreadsheet with units and times and a D6 roll needing to activate them onto the battle field. You need to roll equal or higher to bring them on. Units could arrive earlier or later than the historical time depending on this roll. Some units may not arrive (like d'Erlon's Infantry Divisions).

You can find the file here to download with some more thoughts on it in the blog entry – link

Interested in any feedback to improve it or other systems that people use. I'm planning to play it solo over the next few weeks to see how it goes.

Thanks

Ironlegs
10mmnapoleonics.blogspot.com

Maxshadow Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member06 Jun 2012 9:12 p.m. PST

Look forward to hearing how it goes Ironlegs. Like the blog and figures BTW.

Personal logo Sparker Supporting Member of TMP07 Jun 2012 3:25 a.m. PST

Thanks Ironlegs, simple but effective! Duly downloaded with thanks.

Garryowen Supporting Member of TMP07 Jun 2012 5:31 a.m. PST

Quatre Bras has always been my favorite Anglo-French battle. I have not played it in years. I have all the units that were there, but my Anglo-Allies need to be rebased to my current system.

I will definitely use your reinforcement table when I next play that game.

Thank you so much for making it available.

Tom

ironlegs07 Jun 2012 2:26 p.m. PST

Just updated the file, a bit easier to read, shaded alternate rows. Nicer formatting. Same link

Cheers

Ironlegs

ironlegs10 Jun 2012 2:22 p.m. PST

I've added a OOB for Quatre Bras in 20:1 ratio, with unit ratings for "Republic to Empire"

Download and details here – link

Cheers

Ironlegs

Napoleonic Beginner01 Jul 2012 4:30 p.m. PST

Great stuff! It will be a while before I can game this battle- but I will have this stored and ready for use for when I do! Cheers
NB

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.