Help support TMP

"Black Powder questions" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonics Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

878 hits since 3 Jun 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Nohrmann04 Jun 2012 11:14 a.m. PST

hope you can help with some questions about Black Powder (I'm a beginner):

1. If you have a unit which is not shaken or disordered left in a broken Brigade , what can that unit do. Is it allowed to charge or move normally if given orders to do so? Or must it retire like the others.

2. Is a shaken or disordered unit allowed to be used as support for another unit in hand-to-hand combat?

3. Can a unit from 1. brigade support a unit from 2. brigade in hand-to-hand combat if they are next to ecah other?

4. In the shooting phase a unit becomes disordered when rolling a 6. Does a unit also become disordered in hand-to-hand combat when you roll a 6.

5. As a result of a break test a unit in line has to retire one move, if nessesary two moves. It is positioned in front of some buildings and there is not room for it to move around the building because of other units:

a. Does the unit disregard the other units and move around the building one move or?

b. Does it use one move up to the building and a second move into the building or?

c. Is it destroyed because it can not move around the building because of the other units blocking and it is not allowed to move into the building.

I tried to send these questions to Warlord Games but I never got any answers, so I hope you can help me.

Claus

MajorB04 Jun 2012 11:32 a.m. PST

1. If you have a unit which is not shaken or disordered left in a broken Brigade , what can that unit do? Is it allowed to charge or move normally if given orders to do so? Or must it retire like the others?

See "Units from Broken Brigades" p97.

2. Is a shaken or disordered unit allowed to be used as support for another unit in hand-to-hand combat?

Doesn't say they can't.

3. Can a unit from 1. brigade support a unit from 2. brigade in hand-to-hand combat if they are next to each other?

Again, doesn't say they can't.

4. In the shooting phase a unit becomes disordered when rolling a 6. Does a unit also become disordered in hand-to-hand combat when you roll a 6?

No.

5. As a result of a break test a unit in line has to retire one move, if necessary two moves. It is positioned in front of some buildings and there is not room for it to move around the building because of other units:

a. Does the unit disregard the other units and move around the building one move or?

b. Does it use one move up to the building and a second move into the building or

c. Is it destroyed because it can not move around the building because of the other units blocking and it is not allowed to move into the building.

If the building is unoccupied then provided the unit is of a type able to enter buildings, then it will enter the building if it has sufficient movement to do so. Otherwise it will stop immediately in front of the building.

Nohrmann04 Jun 2012 11:36 a.m. PST

Thank you

Rod MacArthur05 Jun 2012 1:02 a.m. PST

Nohrmann,

I presume you just e-mailed Warlord Games with your queries and got no replies.

I suggest you go on the Warlord Games website, select Forums, then select Black Powder and post your query there.

I would be really surprised if you did not get an answer, since I asked such questions when I first purchased Black Powder and got lots of replies.

Rod

Nohrmann05 Jun 2012 3:41 a.m. PST

Thank you Rod.

I will do that.

arthur181505 Jun 2012 7:11 a.m. PST

Join the Black Powder yahoo group. In the Files Section you will find a very useful summary of the rules, together with some house rules tweaks for Napoleonics, and various FAQ and QRS files that may help.

Musketier Supporting Member of TMP05 Jun 2012 8:04 a.m. PST

Glad you gentlemen all got your answers one way or another. For those of us who're no joiners though, it would be nice to obtain clarifications without having to subscribe to a forum, group or whatever…

Capitano Fevola Inactive Member08 Jun 2012 12:51 a.m. PST

You could try reading the rules. The answer to all those questions are in the there.

volleyfirewargames11 Jun 2012 8:17 a.m. PST

Actually I have read the rules and while I enjoy the game for AWI for Nappys it does not quite fill the bill The rules book itself are some what haphazard in organization reading it can be just as confusing as trying to play the rules. Hence the multitude of questions that arise in the yahoo group.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.