Help support TMP

"20mm WWII D-Day landing game: Omaha Beach" Topic

2 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Scenarios Message Board

Back to the WWII Land Gallery Message Board

Back to the WWII Battle Reports Message Board

869 hits since 1 Jun 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

dglennjr02 Jun 2012 6:34 p.m. PST

Our local gaming group, in honor of the upcoming anniversary of the June 6th D-Day landings, held our own landing game in 20mm. We used the Brother Against Brother, WWII variant rules. With a few tweaks to the terrain and setup, it'll make for a great convention game.

Pics can be seen here:
link

David G.

Lone Eagle02 Jun 2012 9:20 p.m. PST

I love to see people come to my level of insanity. It will be a hit at the conventions, trust me. About 10 years ago I made a board representing all of Omaha beach Dog Green sector, and parts of Dog White and Charlie. Mine was in 15mm and was to the OOB, about 630 Americans and 125 Germans. It was amazing to have done all of the research and see how close the actual casualty rates would match what happened in the game.

Your game looked like it would be as fun to play. I also love the creative way to make craters.

There is only one more level of insanity to achieve with this though. Myself and one of my helpers also dressed in uniforms for the game. He was a German officer and I was a Captain from the 29th ID.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.