Help support TMP

"Hail Caesar in 15mm..." Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ancients Discussion Message Board

Back to the Medieval Discussion Message Board

1,212 hits since 25 May 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP25 May 2012 11:03 p.m. PST

For those that have tried it and liked it, tell me what you have done as far as basing and changing distances in the game.

I'm curious to know what works at this scale for HC.

pcelella26 May 2012 1:41 a.m. PST

I've done it no problem. Bases are 40mm wide – two wide for a standard unit, three wide for a large one, and one wide for a small one. Depth is what you like. For distances, I use two-thirds of what's called for by photocopying a ruler at 67%.

Peter C
Sword and Sandal Gaming Blog
link

brevior est vita Inactive Member26 May 2012 1:56 a.m. PST

I use multiple-based figures with no problem. I am beginning to convert my skirmishers and light troops to single bases (for personal aesthetic reasons as much as anything else), but they also play just fine on multi-bases.

After some experimentation with various movement rate schemes, I settled on substituting cm for inches. It does slow the game down a bit, but it also provides the sort of 'big battle' feel that I am looking for.

One of the many great things about HC is the system's flexibility. My best advice would be to play around with a number of different options for unit compositions and movement rates, and find the combination that works best for you.

Scott

frostydog26 May 2012 3:09 a.m. PST

Mine are based for DBM and they work fine for Hail Caesar. I just use cm instead of inches.

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP26 May 2012 5:08 a.m. PST

I've done it with 15s. 2 cav per base on a 25mm square, 4 infantry per base on a 20mm square. Other stuff as size of figure required. I don't change the distances at all.

Personal logo Jamesonsafari Sponsoring Member of TMP26 May 2012 6:05 a.m. PST

40mm wide bases. 2 bases for a standard unit (my bases are double depth compared with DBx). Just use cm instead of inches.

Sane Max26 May 2012 8:31 a.m. PST

Mine are based for DBM and Warmaster – 40mm by 20mm – 3 to a standard unit or 6 for those of us with larger collections – and all we do is everything is in cm.

We HAVE tinkered with the command radius – 20 increments rather than 12's

Pat

Personal logo Jeremy Sutcliffe Supporting Member of TMP26 May 2012 9:52 a.m. PST

The DBx 40mm norm translates OK.

All you need is a way of defining Large/Standard/Small/Tiny units.

For infantry I'm using 8/6/4/2 and for cavalry 4/3/2/1

For distance I tend to read inches as centimetres.

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP26 May 2012 11:23 a.m. PST

Thanks all for input. Probably gonna do 6,4, 2 & 1 on the stands and 2/3 rates on ranges. It will be a while before Im gaming but wanted input for basing. Decided to get out some Peter Pig WotR and paint them up for Towton.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.