Help support TMP

"FOG Napoleonic and other boards" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Field of Glory Message Board

587 hits since 17 May 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

01 Bersaglieri Inactive Member17 May 2012 5:50 a.m. PST

With the arrival of FOG Napoleonic, do you think the link to our board should be extended to the Napoleonics boards as well and how to go about it?
Regards
Ernesto

xxxxxx17 May 2012 7:14 a.m. PST

Is FOGN even played enough to warrant a separate board?

01 Bersaglieri Inactive Member17 May 2012 7:36 a.m. PST

Only time will tell, but taking into consideration the popularity of the ancients and renaissance rules in my humble opinion,yes

xxxxxx17 May 2012 8:30 a.m. PST

Not so sure other FOG rules played all that much, especially the renaissance rules. The Ancients rules were popular locally for awhile, but seemed to fall off the face of the wargaming world.

01 Bersaglieri Inactive Member17 May 2012 9:03 a.m. PST

Condottiere, if the moribund "Principles of war" rules have a link to their board on the Napoleonic section of TMP why should'nt FOG Napoleonic? You must have a certain interest in the rules for you to be active on this board. It must be alive and kicking!

xxxxxx17 May 2012 9:26 a.m. PST

Just haven't seen all that much interest, but hey… Doesn't matter one way or the other. Have at it then!

ancientsgamer Supporting Member of TMP17 May 2012 9:39 a.m. PST

Well, since NJ is definitely not the center of the universe;-) (oh, and I happen to be one of the few bold people to say I love NJ by the way; at least most of the parts I have visited; Newark and the near Hudson areas exluded ;-) It does seem that FoG and FogR are more popular than implied by a previous post :-)

This is not to say that FogN requires a separate board though. Although, with the tendency for bashing of other rules systems by Napoleonic players, I can certainly understand the want for another board.

I would suggest going to the Field of Glory boards for more information. As much as I love TMP, I have found the best detailed information on either a Yahoo group or the Field of Glory board themselves.

xxxxxx17 May 2012 9:45 a.m. PST

Ok cool.

MikeKT Inactive Member18 May 2012 2:26 a.m. PST

There is hardly any FOGN traffic yet, and the rules are largely unknown, so hardly any need to quarantine them at this point I'd think. The first of two army list books won't be out until next month – I hope things pick up.

Given the substantial differences in the rules mechanisms and the narrow period involved that is safely separated by a century from FOGR, the major overlaps with FOG & FOGR seem to be the brand and publisher.

01 Bersaglieri Inactive Member18 May 2012 6:13 a.m. PST

Ancientsgamer, thank you for your kind advice. I did not crosspost this discussion for that very reason so not to get drawn into another arguement! However one should try to resist against intimidation. I have been on the FOG website as I am a keen renaissance TYW player as well.
All the best.
Ernesto

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.