Help support TMP

"Concerning War Wagons" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Field of Glory Message Board

Back to the Medieval Discussion Message Board

Back to the Renaissance Discussion Message Board

551 hits since 13 May 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Brother Richard13 May 2012 9:05 a.m. PST

I was planning to get some War Wagons for Fields of Glory (Ren and Ancients). In part for a Hussite army but also I notice that the Ottomans use them as field defenses in FoG Ren.

Question: What size base should they go on as I am figuring that the models are going to be longer than 40mm. Should the draft animals be attached?

Would welcome your thoughts before I buy some at Triples this weekend

Ta Rich

Griefbringer13 May 2012 9:28 a.m. PST

If the wagons are intended to be used as field defences, then a sensible user would probably remove the draft animals and take them to the rear once the wagon is in position.

Personal logo Porkmann Supporting Member of TMP13 May 2012 1:07 p.m. PST
TamsinP Supporting Member of TMP13 May 2012 4:16 p.m. PST

Assuming this is for 15mm, then a quick look in the Base Sizes table at the back of the rule book gives it as 80mm depth on 40mm frontage (120mm on 60mm frontage for 28mm)

Brother Richard16 May 2012 3:07 a.m. PST

Thank you for your replies especially Porkmann's although it didn't tell much about the base size it reminded me of those Sunday afternoons as a kid!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.