Help support TMP

"Guns For Pancho Villa" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Early 20th Century Battle Reports Message Board

501 hits since 6 May 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Kaptain Kobold Supporting Member of TMP06 May 2012 7:54 p.m. PST

Yesterday I made my first foray into wargaming the Mexican Revolution, using some wonderful simple rules and Junior General paper figures. Read about it here:

link

Yes, it is possible to wargame the Mexican Revolution without using Pershing's expeditionary force :)

Saginaw06 May 2012 9:49 p.m. PST

Yes, it is possible to wargame the Mexican Revolution without using Pershing's expeditionary force :)

It just won't be as interesting! wink

All kidding aside, you're absolutely right. There were so many factions during the revolution (Villistas, Huertistas, Carrancistas, etc.) that players would have no problem gaming this fascinating conflict, which was being fought this time one hundred years ago. There was even limited aerial operations involved, too. By the way, your board and troops look great!

Thank you very much for sharing the link, Kaptain Kobold. thumbs up

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP06 May 2012 11:13 p.m. PST

Soundtrack: Mariachi El Bronx – LOL.

Good game and report. The terrain does remind me of Northern Mexico.

Cheers,

Kaptain Kobold Supporting Member of TMP06 May 2012 11:48 p.m. PST

"There was even limited aerial operations involved, too."

As well as a few armoured cars (both government and revolutionary), widespread use of trains (including armoured trains of a sort, and even as 'kamikaze' weapons) and, of course, dynamite. Lots of dynamite.

Some surprisingly large battles too – one is apparently the largest battle fought in the Americas outside of the American Civil War.

Major Mike07 May 2012 5:02 a.m. PST

There were some large battles fought between the many different sides during the revolution. IIRC one of the largest was fought between Villa and Huerta. Huerta overcame Villa's troops superior elan with lessons learned from Europe.

mengo ate morrer Inactive Member07 May 2012 8:13 a.m. PST

"Some surprisingly large battles too one is apparently the largest battle fought in the Americas outside of the American Civil War."

Well I suppose if you were also to discount the battles of the War of the Triple Alliance like the 60,000 odd engaged at Tuiuti or the 25,000 odd at Curupaiti then that might be an accurate statement. It is a fascinating period however. Thanks for the battle report.

Personal logo Prince Alberts Revenge Supporting Member of TMP08 May 2012 11:31 a.m. PST

Hopefully one day, there will be a 15mm range for the Mexican Revolution.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.