Help support TMP

"ACW sculpting request: Western federals!" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the ACW Product Reviews Message Board

605 hits since 13 Feb 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Don1962 Inactive Member13 Feb 2012 11:52 a.m. PST

Anyone know of a nicely sculpted 15/18mm ACW range that incorporates figures that represent "Western federals" (as opposed to the Easter Army of the Potomac "band box" sort) … I'm looking for the genuine article like you see in these photos of veterans with a variety of different hats, frock coats, and even some knee boots thrown in:

picture

44th Indiana

picture

21st Michigan

Old Glory Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Feb 2012 12:10 p.m. PST

Blue moon has them planned although at the present time they are mis-marked in the catalouge as "western confederates" -- OOOPs!!!
Regards
Russ Dunaway

Don1962 Inactive Member13 Feb 2012 12:17 p.m. PST

Russ,

Thanks. To be honest, I was wondering what your sculptor had in mind with "western confederates!" Glad to hear you have some planned for release. I've been very pleased with what I've seen so far in this expanding range.

Ken Portner Inactive Member13 Feb 2012 12:43 p.m. PST

How about doing them for the OG 2nd Edition 28mm range too! (please!)

SonofThor13 Feb 2012 6:17 p.m. PST

I second the OG 2nd Ed., those are great figs!

HammerHead14 Feb 2012 12:45 a.m. PST

Interestings pic I`m going to contact OG & ask, enough people do that & they might think about it!

Don1962 Inactive Member14 Feb 2012 5:32 a.m. PST

These Civil War photos and hundreds of others can be viewed in high resolution detail on the National Archives section of Flikr at link

9th Indiana

picture

Here's another company from the 44th Indiana

picture

WARSTEPHEN Inactive Member15 Feb 2012 7:32 p.m. PST

Gettysburg has generals sherman and George H. Thomas in 15 MM.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.