Help support TMP

"Looking for buildings" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Old West Message Board

528 hits since 13 Feb 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo ajbartman Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2012 5:09 a.m. PST

The was a post (or news article) about some western buildings. I'm pretty sure the post was about 28mm but the company also did the same buildings in 15mm. It was sometime the last week I say the article. After looking for about 30 mins, I give up. Can anyone help?

Personal logo ajbartman Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2012 5:15 a.m. PST

Of course after posting this, I just found them.

link

Anyone know if they match up well with Blue Moon?

CPBelt Inactive Member13 Feb 2012 5:21 a.m. PST

I'd get those or HO models unless you want to spend days filling holes in the resin. Old Glory resin is nasty. I speak from too much experience and will no longer buy their buildings

pzivh43 Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2012 6:17 a.m. PST

I have some Mid-East Gamecraft miniature buildings, and they are very nice. Both the foamcore and the MDF ones. I think the Old West ones are all MDF.

Highly recommended!

Mike

Mapleleaf Inactive Member13 Feb 2012 6:34 a.m. PST

check earlier post as well

TMP link

Personal logo Miniatureships Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Feb 2012 7:04 a.m. PST

CPBelt, It would have been nice to have you contact us direct if you were having a problem, to see if we could correct the issue. I personally have cast a lot of the 15mm buildings, and not seen issues that you are talking about. I will not say that I can get every building 100% free, as resin is a finicky lady whose mood can change as fast the weather.

In terms of the original poster; I can assume that you already have some of the Blue Moon buildings. Personally, if I were building an Old West town, I would use as many sources as possible. When I had my 25mm Old West town, if not only had the Old Glory buildings in, but also an equal amount of other buildings from a variety of other manufacturers. In all, the total number of buildings cover a 4'X 8' area. I sold it all.

War In 15MM13 Feb 2012 9:17 a.m. PST

I used the Peter Pig buildings. I really like the collection. In terms of figure size, it's on the small side but has a lot of figure variety, and it has a great train. You can see mine at warin15mm.com/Wildwest.html

Personal logo ajbartman Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2012 11:31 a.m. PST

Thanks guys. I think I will be ordering from BM, PP, OG, and GC. I think they all have something to add.

Richard – your pictures have inspired me to attempt several projects. Keep up the good work. I have to ask because I didn't see it but where did you get the herst and coffin (with body) from?

picture

Joppyuk Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2012 12:11 p.m. PST

Fiddler's Green? Card models but a large selection.

Personal logo ajbartman Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2012 12:17 p.m. PST

I use White Wash. Good stuff. Looking for a good looking Bank building. Also, who carries Peter Pig in US. Still Brookhurst?

War In 15MM13 Feb 2012 4:23 p.m. PST

Brookhurst still carries Peter Pig. That's where I got mine. The coffin is Peter Pig item number 15-28. I thought the dead guy came with it but I'm not sure of that. It might be a stray figure I converted for that purpose. The hearse is HO by a company called Jordan Products; its from their Highway Miniatures. It's a kit with tiny parts, but the great thing about Jordan Products is that if you break one in the process of putting the thing together, you can just write them for a replacement part. Thanks for the very generous comments about my galleries. I hope to be adding a new gallery to my website in June or July. If its 15s it will probably be my Aztec and Conquistador collection, but I'm also thinking of adding a none military section on the website for my 25s/28s and if I do that, the first one up will be Pirates. Good luck with your project. And thanks again for the kind words. Richard

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.