Help support TMP

"Houstons Ships WIP" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ironclads Message Board

Back to the Naval Gaming 1898-1929 Message Board

687 hits since 22 Jan 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Khusrau Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2012 6:03 a.m. PST

Have been working away on some Houstons British Pre-Dreadnoughts, pictures are on my blog here:
link

Personal logo Texas Jack Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2012 6:47 a.m. PST

Those are just beautiful! I particularly like Dreadnought, even though she is not as famous as the later ship bearing that name.
That is also a most handsome volume of Conways you have. Mine isnīt in nearly as good condition. Okay, I am officially jealous :)

afilter22 Jan 2012 7:39 a.m. PST

Excellent work, Thanks for sharing.

CorporalTrim Inactive Member22 Jan 2012 8:49 a.m. PST

Nice work, those are looking very good already.

SteelonSand22 Jan 2012 10:37 a.m. PST

Lovely job, some characterful ship there….

justBill22 Jan 2012 11:05 a.m. PST

Wow. I love the impressionistic look of the decking.

KniazSuvorov Inactive Member22 Jan 2012 3:25 p.m. PST

Agreed, love the ships, especially the decking. Care to give a how-to?

hindsTMP Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2012 11:24 p.m. PST

Very nice; I hope the things (popsicle sticks) under the hull are temporary, however.

MH

Khusrau Supporting Member of TMP23 Jan 2012 12:06 a.m. PST

All the ships were first undercoated matt black (car spray paint). Then painted the decks a dark yellow colour (I used the GW Foundation Colour 'Evander darksun' as it has excellent coverage.

Then quite a heavy wash of GW Devlan Mud to give it variation and depth. Finally, a Kaiser Colour Pale Beige (cream colour) was stroked on irregularly.

I used quite short and fine strokes with the Pale Beige, so that as I loaded my brush the first stroke was reasonably intense, and the next two or three noticeably less so.

Yes, the Popsicle sticks (actually dental tongue depressors) will be going! Once I complete the hull and the rigging.. After I finish the Ayyubids for this weeks games..

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.