Help support TMP

"Wurttemberg info" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Media Message Board

622 hits since 1 Jan 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Lee Schultz01 Jan 2012 11:41 a.m. PST

I am looking for more info on the Wurttembeg army of the Napoleonic Wars. Mostly battle and campaign history. I have uniform info but that's about it.

Thanks, Lee

JonFreitag01 Jan 2012 12:16 p.m. PST

John H. Gill's excellent, "With Eagles to Glory" contains a chapter on the organization and activities of the Wurttemberg army during the 1809 campaign.

MarbotsChasseurs01 Jan 2012 12:19 p.m. PST

1809 campaign information on all the conderation the Rhine troops would be John G Gills With Eagles to Glory. Each army in this campaign is covered from how they were dressed, commanded, roster totals and organization. Then he ~goes in to detail about each role in the campaign. Tons of detail and fun to read plus the Wurt light brigade performed very very well during this campaign. By far my favorite book for this campaign. Also one that at least gives units and pictures for the 1807 campaign would be From Eylau to Friedland by E.G. Hourtoulle. Great for a wargamer.

MarbotsChasseurs01 Jan 2012 12:19 p.m. PST

Beat me to it!

nsolomon99 Supporting Member of TMP01 Jan 2012 1:59 p.m. PST

A third vote for Gill's "With Eagles to Glory".

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.