Help support TMP

"15mm DBM Armies for Sale" Topic

18 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Spanish Wargaming Message Board

Back to the New Zealand Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Italian Wargaming Message Board

Back to the German Wargaming Message Board

Back to the French Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Australian Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Dutch-Belgian Wargaming Message Board

Back to the American Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Renaissance Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Renaissance Discussion Message Board

Back to the Medieval Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Medieval Discussion Message Board

Back to the Ancients Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Ancients Discussion Message Board

1,465 hits since 5 Dec 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Forgotten Glorious Sponsoring Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 5:15 a.m. PST

Hi there

just a short word to say that I made a small blog for a friend of mine who sells all his 15mm DBM armies.

dbmarmies.blogspot.com

He will ship armies from France so shipping may be expensive. Overall quality is good but some armies are really nice and made from scratch.

Payment by bank wire but if you want to pay using your CC I can help.

Cheers

korsun0 Sponsoring Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 5:52 a.m. PST

Those Scythians are nice, love the sheep…

Personal logo JRacel Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 8:34 a.m. PST

Just a friendly reminder, but only Supporting Members are allowed to post items for sale, and then only in the Market Place areas.

Jeff

Gwydion Sponsoring Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 9:05 a.m. PST

Do we really have go through all this TMP link
again?

Personal logo Sir William Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 1:38 p.m. PST

I tend to agree with JRacel, especially when the poster cross-posts to a great multitude boards on TMP to get the widest possible audience.

However, I think the rule prohibiting such postings should be either on the Home page or on the Membership application for General Members so that the message is clearly-stated and the Supporting Members wishes are made known.

Personally, I would look at the FAQ's before I posted (as indeed I once did before becoming a Supporting Member), but not all use the same thought process that I do.

Regards;

Bill
Sir William the Aged

CPT Jake05 Dec 2011 2:28 p.m. PST

It wouldn't matter where the rules were posted. Guys like this will ignore them no matter what.

Forgotten Glorious Sponsoring Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 4:08 p.m. PST

Sorry: please apologize for not reading the FAQ and for posting something I have no right to. I paid for becoming supporting member few minutes ago and I asked Bill to cancel this post and crossposts. I understand that supporting members can be upset by this kind of message but once again I was not aware about the rules now I am.

And to finish thanks for being so kind for "guys like this". I am glad Stifle exist not to read "guys like you" message anymore

bluewillow05 Dec 2011 4:45 p.m. PST

delete the post Bill,

blatant sock puppeting from a non supporting member!!

and promptly stifled

Forgotten Glorious Sponsoring Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 5:01 p.m. PST

Thanks bluewillow I already asked Bill to cancel my own post if you can not read. Thanks for stifling me and by the way I am a supporting member but my status is not modified yet.

Twilight Samurai05 Dec 2011 5:50 p.m. PST

I'm sure Bill appreciates the posse policing the site for him. No doubt your plastic deputy badges are already in the mail.

Personal logo Sir William Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 7:01 p.m. PST

I'm sure Bill appreciates the posse policing the site for him. No doubt your plastic deputy badges are already in the mail.

Says someone who is not a supporting member ;-)

It's not so much a case of "policing the site for Bill" as it is one of those of us who have paid for the privilege policing it for ourselves.

Guess maybe you have to be one to fully understand it.

Bill (No, not that Bill)
Sir William the Aged

PS – I, for one, appreciate the way that the OP has handled this. It appears that he has taken all of the correct steps to rectify the situation and should now be "cut a little slack" for his previous actions.

Personal logo Temporary like Achilles Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 8:46 p.m. PST

Have the army pages been taken down? I'd certainly be keen to have a look at some of them.

Cheers,
Aaron

Personal logo JRacel Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 10:07 p.m. PST

Just as an FYI,

I was not upset, just trying to give a friendly nudge before someone came screaming. Sorry if anyone took it differently.

Jeff

korsun0 Sponsoring Member of TMP05 Dec 2011 10:32 p.m. PST

<sigh> i just liked the sheep…

Stewbags Inactive Member06 Dec 2011 6:55 a.m. PST

and now they have gone…..

Forgotten Glorious Sponsoring Member of TMP06 Dec 2011 7:24 a.m. PST

To Jeff JRacel: no problem Jeff thanks for your kind message as I really was not aware of the problem, no harm at all.

I have hidden the posts on the blog at the moment to let Bill cancel the messages and I will post again in the Market Section later.

Cheers

Franck

CorkRich Inactive Member07 Dec 2011 5:03 a.m. PST

Is that Franck from Nice / Cannes ? If so Hi Franck…. and shame armies are being sold.

Richard – Cork / Ireland

Gwydion Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Dec 2011 2:14 p.m. PST

To Forgotten Glorious, in case it wasn't clear, I wasn't complaining about you.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.