Help support TMP

"Victorian Admirals game" Topic

3 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Ironclads Message Board

843 hits since 3 Dec 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

EJNashIII03 Dec 2011 12:55 p.m. PST

Looks like Totem games has released another ironclads expansion for the holidays.

- Samoan Crisis with Germany and USA 1889
- Marianas Incident with Spain and USA 1887
- Panama Incident with Chile and USA 1885
- Caroline Crisis with Germany and Spain 1885

totemgames.ru

Personal logo Prince Alberts Revenge Supporting Member of TMP03 Dec 2011 4:08 p.m. PST

How is this game?

EJNashIII03 Dec 2011 9:22 p.m. PST

It just came out this week. Pestering my wife for it for Christmas.

However, it looks to be similar to the previous titles. Not Call of Duty quality, but they have covered a niche market that nobody else has done, civil war to 1890s naval. It is something to see some of these rare old ships up and personal in 3D. What I would like them to do next is a revision of the initial titles (particularly the civil war) with some upgrades to the graphics. The ships look really cool. However, they need to upgrade the background. I want some realistic shore lines instead of just open ocean. They should also have variable water depth so that ships can run aground. Basically, I would like to have river actions, torpedoes (mines), obstructions, and shore batteries getting into the fray. Maybe also have a more operational level play so you can run campaigns.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.