Help support TMP

"Abyssinians in 28mm for late 19th century?" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

603 hits since 17 Nov 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Field Marshal Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member17 Nov 2011 1:02 a.m. PST

Who does Abyssinians in the late 19th Century. I was thinking about getting some to fight my Beja and other Mahdists.

HH

Prince Rupert of the Rhine Supporting Member of TMP17 Nov 2011 3:19 a.m. PST

I believe some of Empress Miniatures Abyssinians though meant for the thirties can be used for early periods

link

Bicorne also do a range of 19th century Abyssinians
link

argsilverson17 Nov 2011 3:26 a.m. PST

strategia e tattica of Rome has abyssinians (and italians) of the late 19th century.
strategiaetattica.it (hope it warks).
They are true 25mm and thus might be little smaller than the rest.

You may also ask Northstar. They used to stock this (in fact my Abyssinian command pack came from them). They do not list to stock this range right now but they might help you more.

tabasco2152 Supporting Member of TMP17 Nov 2011 4:05 a.m. PST

Pontoonier Miniatures do them

The Gray Ghost17 Nov 2011 5:12 a.m. PST

Most of mine are Castaway with Empress and Bicorne mixed in

Personal logo chicklewis Supporting Member of TMP17 Nov 2011 5:46 a.m. PST

Askari miniatures do some very nice poses, especially their 'militia' packs, which fill a gap left by the other ranges mostly being wealthy warriors and Ras-es. They can be customized, as many arms and arm positions and weapons are provided for the spear-armed militia. I made these the core of my late 19th cenury Ethiopian forces.

link

Zhao Zilong17 Nov 2011 7:20 a.m. PST

I have some of the Irregular Miniatures Abyssinians, they are decent figures and have spearmen, musket armed, various command and some cavalry. There are pictures on their site

link

I also have some of the old Houston/Lyzard Grin Ethiopians that were produced by London War Room. They weren't the best figures but since LWR have shut down I don't think they are available anywhere.

Shipka17 Nov 2011 8:22 a.m. PST

Castaway Arts has an extensive rangew

Travellera17 Nov 2011 11:18 a.m. PST

Tabasco,

"Pontoonier Miniatures do them" tell us more, I couldnīt find them

scarlinosr1 Supporting Member of TMP17 Nov 2011 8:54 p.m. PST

Irregular Miniatures did some too. I have some painted and unpainted for sale. if interested email carlino@verizon.net thank you, Sal Sr out!!

Personal logo chicklewis Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2011 5:24 p.m. PST

May be bad info, Pontoonier didn't have any Ethiopians last year, and probably don't now.

ITALWARS Supporting Member of TMP20 May 2014 11:20 a.m. PST

i have some of my own Italwars range
auction

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.