Help support TMP

"M1916 37mm Infantry Gun in 15mm?" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the Interwar (WWI to WWII) Message Board

Back to the Early 20th Century Battle Reports Message Board

824 hits since 31 Aug 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tgunner31 Aug 2011 4:18 a.m. PST

Are there any out there? It's a French weapon but it was also used by the United States. In addition, it was used as a sub for the25mm ATG and the 37mm ATG by France and the US, respectively, during World War Two. I'm really wanting some with US crews but I guess I can do head swaps with a French crew.

Are there any out there? I've looked and looked but haven't seen any.

Also, if there aren't any out there is there any interest in asking Eureka to make them?

Jemima Fawr31 Aug 2011 4:25 a.m. PST

There was a discussion about this not so long ago. TMP link

The Japanese also used a very similar weapon.

Personal logo Dom Skelton Sponsoring Member of TMP31 Aug 2011 4:25 a.m. PST

Nobody makes one at the moment that I know of, but it's on Blue Moon's master "to-do" list:

PDF link

Tgunner31 Aug 2011 4:33 a.m. PST

LOL! I guess its a yearly tradition for me then to post and ask about this weapon! I totally forgot about this thread but I would hardly call it recent… but then again, most of us on TMP would qualify as being "old farts", so a year to us must be fairly recent.

I'll check into OFM's post to see if those miniatures ever came out.

Well, its been a year anyway, anything new?

hurrahbro31 Aug 2011 4:49 a.m. PST

link

really useful gun range, a sort of inbetween 15 and 20mm range.

Gun 35, Japanese type 11 infantry gun 1922 – 1945.

A Japanese copy. No wheels or sheild, so looking just like the wepon emplaced in yoru picture.

aecurtis Fezian Inactive Member31 Aug 2011 6:27 a.m. PST

As previously discussed. Not in 15mm. And not likely to be in 15mm.

Allen

Personal logo Miniatureships Sponsoring Member of TMP31 Aug 2011 9:22 a.m. PST

You know Allen, for someone who has never purchased any of the Blue Moon stuff, you seem to know every thing about the WWI line.

At Cold Wars, Little Wars, and Historicon this year, we had no problem selling the Blue Moon WWI line to people that own Peter Pig and other Lines in 15mm. One individual at Little Wars, who owns Peter Pig WWI and the Minifig lines, comment that tanks, guns (as I had masters to show him) and other equipment pieces (again showing production masters) matched perfectly with the Peter Pig stuff. He has been buying a lot the Blue Moon to use for both WWI and Spanish Civil War, as he runs a lot of those types of games at two of the game stores in Mpls/St.Paul, as well as local mini conventions and Little Wars.

aecurtis Fezian Inactive Member31 Aug 2011 11:27 a.m. PST

I can accept no responsibility for anyone else's limitations in perception.

"…someone who has never purchased any of the Blue Moon stuff…"

How would you know? A number of retailers and eBay sellers carry the WWI range.

Allen

Etranger31 Aug 2011 3:18 p.m. PST

Tgunner, there WAS a Eureka request once upon a time but it seems to have disappeared.

Tgunner31 Aug 2011 4:10 p.m. PST

Yeah, not enough interest in it I guess. There is also a M1919 MG team up there too for the early war USMC (wearing doughboy helmets). Maybe there's interest in that? If so then maybe Eureka might bring back the M1916 37mm too.

Those would be nice pieces of kit to have for my early Pacific War Americans.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.