Help support TMP

"Naval Wargames Show, Gosport - AAR" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Naval Discussion Message Board

Back to the Naval Gaming 1898-1929 Message Board

Back to the WWII Naval Discussion Message Board

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

740 hits since 29 Aug 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

David Manley29 Aug 2011 5:10 a.m. PST

I've added a brief report on the Gosport naval wargames show to my blog.

link

Thanks to all those who attended over the last two days, especially those putting on games. Your help and contribution is greatly appreciated.

hindsTMP Supporting Member of TMP29 Aug 2011 5:54 a.m. PST

Nice report. Don't suppose you had any images of the Thais and French lying around??

MH

Personal logo War Artisan Sponsoring Member of TMP29 Aug 2011 8:39 a.m. PST

Thanks for that report. Some great looking games there!

It's nice to see the naval gamers across the pond getting up enough steam for an independent event, and in such a theme-appropriate venue. Hopefully it will be an even better one next year in the conference centre space.

The photos have definitely whetted my appetite for our own naval wargame event (NavCon, in its 13th year and only 5 weeks away!). We don't have anything like the Gosport museum here in the midwest USA, though it is near a rather large body of water (Lake Michigan).

Jeff

David Manley29 Aug 2011 10:15 a.m. PST

Alas no pics of the Thais or the French. The lighting was not all that wonderful (something we'll address for next year)

Personal logo Sparker Supporting Member of TMP29 Aug 2011 2:15 p.m. PST

Well done David for resurrecting that great tradition

…I do hope the chinagraph pencils in the DC game snapped regularly as soon as a new smoke boundary had to be drawn…

sloophmsstarling Inactive Member29 Aug 2011 2:37 p.m. PST

Dave, Great report, and where can we get the rules and deck plans for the damage control game?! Once upon a time when I was the branch head of the US Navy damage control engineering branch, I designed a damage control simulation that was a ton of fun for true grognards, but of limited general interest, and by limited I mean extremely limited, might garner 5 or so on a P500 count … I would like to play a DC simulation that has actually seen the light of day and would be most grateful to know of the source for the rules and diagrams! Jan

daveshoe29 Aug 2011 5:09 p.m. PST

It looks like a successful event, at least it would seem so since you are already planning for next year. Your WWI game sounds like fun I relly like how the planes turned out. The damage control game looks interesting.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.