Help support TMP

"Another Mordheim ruin (pics)" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Mordheim Message Board

962 hits since 4 Aug 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 4 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

Prince Rupert of the Rhine Supporting Member of TMP04 Aug 2011 1:59 a.m. PST

I've finished another ruined building for my Mordheim project. The red wolf inn is a bit larger than my first couple of attempted ruins but hasn't come up to bad.

here is a (slighty blurry -sorry) picture

picture

In hindsight I think I should have made the front more ruined and a little less straight across the roof line but each building I make gives me a little more experince for the next one.

Any way more pictures are here on my blog

link

Cheers Jon

joshuaslater04 Aug 2011 5:49 a.m. PST

That's good stuff.

Thomas Whitten04 Aug 2011 6:18 a.m. PST

nice

whill404 Aug 2011 6:28 a.m. PST

This is good work. I wouldn't sweat any straight lines here or there. Once your set is complete eveything will blend nicely.

Neotacha Inactive Member04 Aug 2011 8:16 a.m. PST

Looks very nice. You might crack some of the pavement in front of other buildings to mitigate that straight front that is worrying you, but odd building and features to survive disasters intact, so don't fret it overmuch.

Look at the aftereffects of Hurricane Ike: link

If that one house could survive the same force of a hurricane that destroyed the rest of the neighborhood, the front of one building surviving a meteor strike is equally believable.

Ranger322 Sponsoring Member of TMP04 Aug 2011 9:15 a.m. PST

I think it looks great…I especially like the rats! Nice work!

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP04 Aug 2011 10:03 a.m. PST

Nice work. I like the weathering of the stone.

That "even" appearance can be solved by adding weed (not stash), climbing vines and other growth. You may wish to construct some of the "growth" on its own base to keep the system modular.

Cheers,

Pauls Bods04 Aug 2011 10:11 a.m. PST

Nice scratch building
Cheers
paul

meledward23 Inactive Member04 Aug 2011 12:51 p.m. PST

looks great.

Prince Rupert of the Rhine Supporting Member of TMP04 Aug 2011 10:43 p.m. PST

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

Luckyjoe Inactive Member05 Aug 2011 5:37 p.m. PST

Very nice. I love the chimney and the paint job.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.