Help support TMP

"Demonworld Release Plans!" Topic

33 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Song of Blades and Heroes Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

1,516 hits since 24 Jun 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Leutenant Brittan25 Jun 2011 12:57 p.m. PST

Hi!

Ral Partha Europe has uploaded a list of the initial releases for demonworld along with the prices!

I have the list over on my blog:

link

All the best!

Andrew Beasley Inactive Member25 Jun 2011 1:19 p.m. PST

Not good news have too much lead unpainted…

Thanks for the update though.

Andrew
Sic Parvis Magna

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP25 Jun 2011 1:47 p.m. PST

Any photos of what the figures look like?

Thanks,

Dan

Glenn M25 Jun 2011 1:52 p.m. PST
endrju94 Inactive Member25 Jun 2011 1:53 p.m. PST

@Dan: photos of almost all of the figures released can be found here: link

Allen5725 Jun 2011 2:33 p.m. PST

I wonder if the decals will be released. They are nice and have many uses.

Can someone tell me? I recall a range of smaller terrain pieces and ships made by this company. Were they part of Demonworld or another line they produced?

Al

Leutenant Brittan25 Jun 2011 2:46 p.m. PST

I believe the terrain was from the Demonworld Empires range. I think they are getting released by Ral Partha Europe too once the rest of the Demonworld range is out of the way!

All the best!

Dr Mathias Fezian25 Jun 2011 2:48 p.m. PST

Those are some beautiful miniatures, I can see why they're so well regarded. I wonder if 15 mm figs could be used for Warhammer Fantasy 3rd edition?

CPBelt25 Jun 2011 3:19 p.m. PST

Sure they can, just use cm instead of inches and it will work fine.

Ganesha Games Sponsoring Member of TMP25 Jun 2011 3:31 p.m. PST

Any mini in any scale can be used for any game… it's just a matter of basing, abstractions, handy measurement units, etc. I have played games with counters, bottle caps and even chick peas and beans :-) Minis in your scale of choice are nicer though.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP25 Jun 2011 3:52 p.m. PST

Wow. Nice!!!

Are these Trolls?

link

Are they the same as these?

picture

And what about these? Are they Ogres?

link

If so, does anyone know how tall they are?

And are they going to be part of the first re-releases? I didn't see them on the blog list.

Thanks,

Dan

I didnt do it25 Jun 2011 5:04 p.m. PST

Just check the online store. So sad the smaller packs did not include command figures…

e.g.
4003 Orc Guard (32) £18.00 GBP
includes a Leader and Standard Bearer plus 15 each of two different troops. 32 models

4003A Orc Guard (8) £5.00 GBP
4 each of the two different Orc Guard models from pack 4003. 8 models.

Dr Mathias Fezian25 Jun 2011 5:50 p.m. PST

I have played games with counters, bottle caps and even chick peas and beans :-)

Which force won, the chick peas or the beans?

CPBelt25 Jun 2011 6:21 p.m. PST

I was hoping to buy just command packs as well. The current set up is nasty for HOTT or Warmaster players. I bet the molds are set up that making command packs would be wasteful.

BTW for us in the US, IIRC these figures cost the same today per box as they did back in the day. Don't know if that's good or bad! lol

Personal logo Spacelord Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Jun 2011 1:33 a.m. PST

command packs are coming shortly, just working out the best combination of figures for the packs

nothereanymore Inactive Member26 Jun 2011 4:28 a.m. PST

Am I the only one who finds that quite pricey?

RubberRonnie Inactive Member26 Jun 2011 5:04 a.m. PST

Hwarang – I agree with you. I was hoping they'd be cheaper than this, especially as RP's prices on 25/28mm stuff is very competitive, but I suppose they have to get the cost of the moulds back somewhere. Not too bad if you're playing skirmish games, but even then you'd need a few packs to get the variety of figures you need. Perhaps they could do some kind of skirmish bag for each faction? It's a shame as they're lovely figures. Having said all that, I'll be getting some eventually (have to sell all that old GW stuff off now though).

nothereanymore Inactive Member26 Jun 2011 5:23 a.m. PST

I had imagined they would be about the same, or possibly a tad more expensive, than "normal" 15mm minis. I really wonder whether they will sell well at this price. Possibly if the game catches on again they might though..
At that price, I might get a few random things I wanted to have since long ago. But a whole army? Never..

Stewbags Inactive Member26 Jun 2011 5:58 a.m. PST

they done seem that expensive to me, mind you i am thinking in comparison to the old demonworld prices. Their "big stuff" is particularly nice, my son has a few packs we managed to track down and the orc wyvern is particularly nice.

CPBelt26 Jun 2011 6:05 a.m. PST

I've been thinking about this over night.

As I said, these are same price as before when I found them too expensive. That said, Splintered Light miniatures are about a dime each more expensive. The Olley figs are more expensive. I only use the SL figs for skirmish at the moment. Do many people use SL for armies?

The killer with DW figs is the shipping costs to the US. That will drive the price beyond the breaking point for us in the US.

Personal logo Spacelord Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Jun 2011 6:08 a.m. PST

Don't forget that the prices include UK vat (currently 20%), we zero rate all non EU orders.

Paul

nothereanymore Inactive Member26 Jun 2011 6:23 a.m. PST

I find the Splintered Lights prices outrageous, its the reason I do not buy them. Same will happen here mostly.

Ok, I will stop now. Glad the minis are available again.

Glenn M26 Jun 2011 7:19 a.m. PST

I dunno, as a newb to 15mm these do not seem very expensive to me. My experience thus far is limited to Khurasan and Splintered Light miniatures though. But, less than $1 USD per figure is what I expect to pay for 15mm. These are less than that, therefore they seem good to me.

krieghund26 Jun 2011 7:34 a.m. PST

I agree with Hwarang, nice mins but too pricey for my pocket.

SCAdian26 Jun 2011 9:52 a.m. PST

"Don't forget that the prices include UK vat (currently 20%), we zero rate all non EU orders.

Your system doesn't seem to do that automatically.
Tried looking at getting: 4001 Light Archers (40)
says it's 16 pounds with a 2.10 shipping cost to U.S.

should be around 14.9 pounds delivered…

Personal logo Spacelord Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Jun 2011 11:23 a.m. PST

We remove the vat before charging a card payment or either issue a vat-free invoice or refund it for paypal payments,

(full explanation here- link )

Paul

CPBelt26 Jun 2011 11:54 a.m. PST

I took Vat into consideration. In a large box of 40 figs, for example. The current exchange rate at paypal would be about .58 cents a fig after Vat. In the smaller packs, the price would be .65 cents each IIRC; I'm on mobile w/o my notes. The problem is that shipping is usually 20% additional, which gets costly. Of course what people think is cheap to expensive depends on the person. Some think GW finecast is priced reasonably for what they get! ;-) I decided to put DW on the back burner as I did 10 years ago. Too much other, cheaper non-fantasy15mm figs out there to buy first for me!

CPBelt26 Jun 2011 11:54 a.m. PST

I took Vat into consideration. In a large box of 40 figs, for example. The current exchange rate at paypal would be about .58 cents a fig after Vat. In the smaller packs, the price would be .65 cents each IIRC; I'm on mobile w/o my notes. The problem is that shipping is usually 20% additional, which gets costly. Of course what people think is cheap to expensive depends on the person. Some think GW finecast is priced reasonably for what they get! ;-) I decided to put DW on the back burner as I did 10 years ago. Too much other, cheaper non-fantasy15mm figs out there to buy first for me!

28mmMan Inactive Member26 Jun 2011 12:03 p.m. PST

I was looking at the various demonworld lines and there are some gems in there.

These gave me a chuckle as well

link

12 pics down, the rolling pacman monsters!

nothereanymore Inactive Member26 Jun 2011 12:10 p.m. PST

Yes, they do have some very neat stuff. Also they have pretty unique monsters and a very interesting interpretation of goblins.

Stewbags Inactive Member27 Jun 2011 8:07 a.m. PST

I love them, and there are command packs listed.

Personal logo BobTYW Supporting Member of TMP06 Jul 2011 5:09 p.m. PST

Demonworld has some great "stuff" (15mm)
Bob

Spudeus21 Jul 2011 8:44 a.m. PST

Demonworld looks good – but maybe a little too GW over the top for my taste.

I have to leap to SLM's defense – not only is the quality excellent, you can always buy army/skirmish packs to get the price down to around .50/figure. Of course, figures larger than standard 15mm run higher. (I will say their Kobolds, some of my favorites, seems a bit overpriced).

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.