Help support TMP

"Hail Fantasy Caesar" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

1,205 hits since 11 Apr 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Elohim Inactive Member11 Apr 2011 4:41 a.m. PST

Has anyone considered using the upcoming Warlord Games "Hail Caesar" rules for fantasy gaming?

I think the toolkit nature of the rules means that fantasy armies and heroes could be modelled quite easily (4 attack Tiny Units of Aragorn and co anybody?).

OldGrenadier at work11 Apr 2011 4:54 a.m. PST

Not rules specific, but I've been playing around with a 'Mythic Rome' army in my head ever since I came across Arcane Legions.

skippy000111 Apr 2011 8:16 a.m. PST

I've done that with other rules-had the Eagle/Standards protect the cohorts from magical atttack. When the Big Beasties went for the Eagle, I learned why the carro ballista was important. The rules were from FGU decades ago.

Personal logo x42brown Supporting Member of TMP11 Apr 2011 10:25 a.m. PST

when I saw the thread title I thought you would be talking about this link little chap.

But back to Warlord Games rules. I intend to buy them and if they get used they will be used for fantasy. Perhaps Roman army will be used (I have one based around Warlord Games figs) but I regard all my ancients as fantasy these days.

x42

IronMike11 Apr 2011 7:07 p.m. PST

Given the 'Gentlemanly' nature of the Warlord rules, I imagine that retooling them for fantasy wouldn't be that tough: As long as the players agree that something is fair, it's game!

Bunny Coleman Inactive Member12 Apr 2011 6:14 a.m. PST

I do hope so. Someone has done LoTR for Black Powder so that should give a good base to start from.

I have been toying with the idea as a way of playing really big 15mm fantasy battles.

I am sure it would not be that difficult, special abilities/penalties, magic and flying would be the real challenge so as not to skew the game too much.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Elohim Inactive Member12 Apr 2011 11:23 a.m. PST

Yeah, I think flying would be the big one.

I'm game for collaboration if others are.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.