Help support TMP

"M5 Stuart in 1/72nd?" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII 20mm Models Review Message Board

1,189 hits since 25 Dec 2010
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

BigRedBat Supporting Member of TMP25 Dec 2010 4:48 p.m. PST

I've been looking around for M5 Stuarts or M8 HMCs in 1/72. I can find some in 1/76, but nothing in the slightly larger scale. Does anyone know of any, please?

Simon

John Armatys Supporting Member of TMP25 Dec 2010 5:18 p.m. PST

Frontline do a resin M5 Stuart in "20mm" scale frontlinewargaming.co.uk and click on 20mm WW2 Vehicles.

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP25 Dec 2010 5:38 p.m. PST

Actually the Skytrex one is excellent some somewhere in here
link

Personal logo zippyfusenet Supporting Member of TMP25 Dec 2010 5:43 p.m. PST

I bought the 1/72 Rafm version of M5 and M8 a few years back. Good shape and detail. Big. Heavy like a block of lead. Dunno if they still make them.

BlackWidowPilot Supporting Member of TMP Fezian26 Dec 2010 12:46 p.m. PST

Zippy, RAFM is still very much alive and kickin'and they make that fancy M5 complete with Cullen Hedgerow Device:

link

While I don't own an M5 from RAFM but I do own copious amounts of their French AFVs, I can vouch for their overall quality and size. IMHO they're very good value for the money (and heft of the metal!).

Hope this helps!evil grin

Leland R. Erickson

BigRedBat Supporting Member of TMP26 Dec 2010 3:46 p.m. PST

Thanks all! The RAFM M5 looks very tempting… and they do an M8 too! I'll find out what it would cost to import a couple.

I'd seen the Skytrex/Hincliffe one but fret that it might be too small as it is badged at 1/76. The Frontline Resin one is so cheap I really should take a punt at that, too!

Cheers, Simon

CaptHobby27 Dec 2010 12:05 p.m. PST

BigREdBat

I've got the M5 and M8 and a ton of other 20mm I'm selling if you're interested. Contact me, I'll PM you my e-mail address.

BlackWidowPilot Supporting Member of TMP Fezian27 Dec 2010 6:14 p.m. PST

Big Red Flyin' Rat, they also make an M20 Utility Car as well, plus other goodies like the 3-inch Anti-Tank gun and other mischief.

It really is an underappreciated line of white metal WW2 vehicle kits IMHO!evil grin

Leland R. Erickson

Serge69 Inactive Member25 Jan 2012 2:45 p.m. PST

You can found on ebay 1/72 diecast M5, very nice.
Hobby Master produce a M5 & will do soon a M8.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.