Help support TMP

"Khurasan previews Objekt 2536" Topic

60 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Discussion (1946 to 2008) Message Board

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

Modern
Science Fiction

7,379 hits since 21 Nov 2010
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pages: 1 2 

Lampyridae Inactive Member23 Nov 2010 12:37 a.m. PST

No eyeballs for me certainly. I like gun barrels, tracks, and other conventional elements in my scifi tanks.

Agreed. Anti-tank capable lasers would be housed in something more like a Maus and be capable of a shot every couple of minutes. :/ Plus the heat generated would be enough for the entire battalion to have a BBQ on the radiators.

I prefer it to just look like an SF gun barrel. Then it can be whatever you want. Besides, an eyeball turret hardly says "death to the capitalist scum!"

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP23 Nov 2010 3:29 a.m. PST

Thanks for the link JBR. I was very pleased to see your name attached to these. If the amount of responses to this thread are any indication, these should do very well!

wminsing Inactive Member23 Nov 2010 6:44 a.m. PST

It would look terrible… not something that humans have business driving anyways. Maybe for a robot army that lack a consideration for aesthetics.

Aesthetics always take a back seat to engineering- particularly in soviet weapon system! I would actually take the ugly-but-functional look over 'cool' any day of the week.

-Will

Little Big Wars Inactive Member23 Nov 2010 7:41 a.m. PST

Aesthetics are at no point a secondary consideration when buying something that you have to paint and play with.

wminsing Inactive Member23 Nov 2010 8:05 a.m. PST

Aesthetics are at no point a secondary consideration when buying something that you have to paint and play with.

But if the look you want is ugly and functional then surely 'cool and slick' is not the aesthetic model you want to follow?

More to the point, there are lots of 'cool' models already out- would it be terrible if there were a couple of vehicles that were clearly the product of a 'if it works right it works right' mentality?

-Will

Eli Arndt Inactive Member23 Nov 2010 9:42 a.m. PST

But you also have to consider the market buying the vehicle. This vehicle is obviously targetted at folks who want that "Red" look to their vehicles.

Aesthetics always take a back seat to engineering- particularly in soviet weapon system! I would actually take the ugly-but-functional look over 'cool' any day of the week.

In Soviet Russia tank builds itself? grin

-Eli

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP24 Nov 2010 4:01 a.m. PST

One of the exciting prospects for this line will be to take existing Russian turrets, like the BMP-3 or the reactive armored T-80 and apply them to the Khurasan tank body. Vice-versa as well. Should create lots of interesting varieties.

combat wombat Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member24 Nov 2010 7:38 a.m. PST

well another home run brother.
CW

Frontovik Inactive Member25 Nov 2010 6:22 a.m. PST

@Kenshin – that's cracking :o)

But a bit 'busy' for my taste. I like the 'T55 on Steroids' look of the AMV and AGM.

khurasanminiatures Inactive Member28 Feb 2011 8:06 p.m. PST

Update -- approved the resin production castings today, should get the pewter pieces in a day or two. If everything fits together can sign off on the whole kit and then it will be 3-4 weeks until it hits the market!

Pages: 1 2 

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.