Help support TMP

"Harry Potter miniatures" Topic

18 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

Back to the Dioramas Message Board

Back to the Sculpting Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

1,630 hits since 6 Nov 2010
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Lord Ashram06 Nov 2010 7:46 p.m. PST

Howdy all!

Thought I would share the beginning of a Harry Potter project, which will actually see some 25mm Harry Potter figures when all is said and done…

I put up some of my drawings/plans, and tomorrow will post my first few bits of sculpting for items in the Hogwarts room… come on by and take a look!

link

bandit86 Supporting Member of TMP06 Nov 2010 8:08 p.m. PST

That's a cool idea, I should do something like that for my sister. As for Harry Potter figures Hasselfree has some not HP stuff
link
link
and Freebooter has a not Harry type
link
Reaper has some that could be used
link
Hope this helped

Lord Ashram06 Nov 2010 8:18 p.m. PST

Hey!

I already have someone commissioned to sculpt the actual figures; Soapy was kind enough to accept the commission! The drawings are my "notes" for the sculpts. I know there are some sorta-close proxy figures, but they just don't do it for me… or more accurately, they wouldn't do it for the wife, who so closely identifies Harry Potter with the actors from the films that it just wouldn't really do it for her.

Thanks though for the suggestions, if I ever need to expand the collection I can always look there:)

Here is the first post about the project, btw, where I discuss the initial steps for the project, including getting in touch with Soapy originally!

link

Sane Max Inactive Member07 Nov 2010 3:42 p.m. PST

Harry Potter Film figures, to be realistic, must surely be made from some kind of wood.

Pat

Lord Ashram07 Nov 2010 5:02 p.m. PST

I posted a bit more, including some green stuff work and the basic room furniture all painted up… if you want to stop by (and help with a few questions…namely, what color do I paint the top of the lamp, and how in the HELL do I paint an "invisibility cloak?!" I am ALL EARS) please do!

link

Personal logo richarDISNEY Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2010 10:03 a.m. PST

I know that Soapy did some figs on brooms, but never produced them.
I REALLY wished he did.
I loved those figs…
beer

Personal logo richarDISNEY Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2010 10:18 a.m. PST

The invisibility cloak? Well for the inside, I would do something like the movie…

For the 0utside, I would do a pure white, with Ral Partha's Spider Webs paint heavily painted over it, or use Reaper's Pearl White after sealing the fig. Then use Tamyia's clear over that…

OR….
Paint it a royal blue, but paint over that with a clear 'sparkly' fingernail varnish. That might get the effect you are looking for.

And yea. Nail varnish does go over acrylic paint, but use a junky brush, as you will NOT be getting that out of the brush! laugh

Just an idea.
beer

Borathan08 Nov 2010 8:11 p.m. PST

As a side note, there is at least a plastic Harry Potter that's right between 25 & 28mm, it came with one of the Hogwarts castle builder sets that was released around one of the movie releases.

Bought the pack cheap at a garage sale.

Norrins09 Nov 2010 5:48 a.m. PST

I've used a mixture of Reaper, clix and BTD figures for my Harry Potter figures.

Personal logo richarDISNEY Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2010 8:06 a.m. PST

How did you contact Soapy?
I don't seem to see that in your Bolg.
beer

Lord Ashram09 Nov 2010 10:59 a.m. PST

Hey all!

I emailed him!:) He actually was interested in taking the commission in between real work.

Oddball Inactive Member09 Nov 2010 12:49 p.m. PST

Well, I know I'll have to buy all of the figures when they come out for my kids. They LOVE the Harry Potter series and I do also, for the simple reason is they couldn't stop reading them.

Lord Ashram09 Nov 2010 2:40 p.m. PST

I don't know of any company that is making actual Harry Potter figures… I would imagine the intellectual property laws/huge cost of doing so would prevent it.

Borathan10 Nov 2010 1:21 p.m. PST

The one I was talking about isn't technically for wargaming, but it's an official product.

I think the entire set is called Build Your Own Hogwarts, and it just has a Harry miniature with it.

Borathan10 Nov 2010 1:25 p.m. PST

NM, found it

auction

messy 1958 Inactive Member14 Nov 2010 9:40 a.m. PST

Have any of you guys heard of copyright
Be very very carefull……JKR likes to keep all her money for herself

Old Peculiar29 Dec 2016 12:34 p.m. PST

Very very wrong messy 1958. JKR is one of the most generous contributors to charities and social organisations around. However the companies who market the franchise will be a very different kettle of fish!

Wargamer Dave31 Dec 2016 2:06 p.m. PST

well since Old Peculiar resurrected this thread – whatever happened to this? Did you make them?

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.