Help support TMP

"1/300 scale fiat cr42 in italian colours question" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Aviation Painting Guides Message Board

Action Log

06 Jul 2010 2:47 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Changed title from "1/300 scale fiat cr42 in italian colours question" to "1/300 scale fiat cr42 in italian colours question"
  • Removed from WWII Painting Guides board
  • Crossposted to WWII Aviation Painting Guides board

624 hits since 4 Jul 2010
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

wardog04 Jul 2010 12:17 p.m. PST

painting a 1/300 scale cr42 in italian colours.do not have a airbrush so how do i apply all the brown dots.what method would you use?

kmahony11104 Jul 2010 3:01 p.m. PST

I have painted a few CR42s and other Italian aircraft without an airbrush. I would suggest painting the dots with thinned paint and then going over them again with a smaller brush picking out the centers of each dot. I'm pretty sure thats how I did mine although it was a few years ago. I also used an old brush where the tip of the bristles were a bit stuffed so it didn't paint nice neat dots.

Or you paint the dots normally and then drybrush very lightly the base colour again to blend it together, and finally touch up the dots where the drybrushing was too heavy. I havent tried this but it should work.

You can see pictures of my Italian aircraft here

6mm.wargaming.info/page57.shtml

Cheers
Kieran

Personal logo slugbalancer Supporting Member of TMP05 Jul 2010 6:22 a.m. PST

I put down the brushes and apply the camouflage using a cocktail stick.

wardog01 Aug 2010 12:48 p.m. PST

thanks guys

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.