Help support TMP

"1/6000 hallmark " Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Naval Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the WWII Naval Gallery Message Board

Back to the WWII Naval Discussion Message Board

Back to the Painting Services Message Board

1,422 hits since 20 Mar 2009
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

charles popp20 Mar 2009 6:53 a.m. PST

anyone paint these. Am looking for someone to do this for me as I tried and they look terrible.
Thanks I am looking to do WW2 Pacific to start. I am sure I can do the Moderns myself.

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP20 Mar 2009 7:16 a.m. PST

I have a couple of hundred of my own that (I think at least) are decent. I haven't done camoflage on them, but I can send pics if you want. E-mail at mrutz at verizon dot net.

Meryl

Personal logo KenH01 Supporting Member of TMP20 Mar 2009 7:21 a.m. PST

I just had my 1:6000 Pacific Fleets painted by Leslie at

mywifepaintsbattleships.com

I have not recieved them back yet but the first trial group were very nice! There are some pics on her site and her price is good.

For more pictures go to the Order Status page and use the link in my order for pics of the full batch.

Ken

Personal logo McKinstry Supporting Member of TMP Fezian20 Mar 2009 9:03 a.m. PST

Pacific WW2 is 50% really easy since the IJN are essentially grey ships, brown decks and if you're feeling really fiddly, white blast bags on the BB's.

The USN is the 50% really tough, the decks are always Deck Blue from mid-42 but the camo schemes are the graded measure 12, the two all blue Ms 11 and MS22, the blue hull to main deck then gray Ms 21 and the 3 dazzles Ms 31,32&33 (dark, regular 7 light)and a few in between like the Ms16 Thayer/Arctic with light blue and white. Fun to paint but time consuming. Clash of Arms sells probably the best quide in one nice book.

Scale Creep Miniatures Inactive Member20 Mar 2009 9:23 a.m. PST

Sundance painted some ACW Ironclads for me and I was very happy with the prices and the quality of the paint jobs. Well done!

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP20 Mar 2009 9:52 a.m. PST

Thanks for the endorsement, Mark! :o)

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.