Help support TMP

"28mm Egyptian Cuirassier" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Sword and The Flame Message Board

Back to the Figure Finder Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
19th Century

1,222 hits since 23 May 2002
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Natxoman02 Jun 2018 6:12 a.m. PST

… Did they use helmets at all , or were they too "macho men" for that?

I'm asking it , since the miniatures for the aussie infantry in the Free Nations book seem to be repurposed Vietnam minis , with Bush hats instead of helmets…

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP02 Jun 2018 11:44 a.m. PST

DA BUG

Robert Burke02 Jun 2018 9:19 p.m. PST

Does anyone make a 28mm Egyptian Cuirassier suitable for the 19th century? I'd love to have such a unit for my 28mm Egyptian colonial army.

clibinarium03 Jun 2018 3:06 a.m. PST

These guys?

link

link

oldjarhead03 Jun 2018 7:53 a.m. PST

Nice, does any do the same in 15mm, would like to do Hicks expidition

Personal logo The Virtual Armchair General Sponsoring Member of TMP03 Jun 2018 12:17 p.m. PST

Gentlefolk!

Who couldn't agree that these troops look wonderfully exotic and Romantic, desirable for their "personality" in any Egyptian Army?

But there were very few of them--not even a full squadron--with Hicks, and there is no evidence they wore their mail on the march--or even in battle.

It was a lovely touch to show them in the film "Khartoum," but I fear the film makers unintentionally put this image into the minds of early figure sculptors, and thence into the popular notion that they were somehow more than an inconsequential detail in the actual events.

…And, "Yes!," I had some too!

TVAG

Robert Burke03 Jun 2018 1:02 p.m. PST

There are a couple of companies that make 15mm Sikh cuirassiers in 15mm that you could use as Egyptian cuirassiers.

Black Hat link but these figures have a musket across their back.

Lancashire Games link

Good luck.

Robert Burke03 Jun 2018 1:04 p.m. PST

For some reason I can't get the Lancashire link to work but here is the url <http://lancashiregames.com/LG2/sws10-sikh-kuirassier-cavalry.html>.

oldjarhead16 Aug 2018 9:18 a.m. PST

TSS/QRF in their 15mm Maharata and Sikh wars range have a "Regular Sikh Cuirassier" does not appear to have a slung musket.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.