Help support TMP

"The new H6 Pro helmet, certified VPAM 6 ...." Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

869 hits since 19 May 2002
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

tsofian Sponsoring Member of TMP28 May 2018 4:16 p.m. PST

Getting ready for Origins. We will be having a large game of The Hive and the Flame. These are going to be towers like a termite mound/wasp nest.

picture

They started out as some sort of plant thing from Menards. I glued them down on some pink insulating foam, cut them to fit together and then spray foamed the Dickens out of them.

picture

This will replace the attempt at fabric terrain we tried last year. We are going back to foam based hive structures.

picture

Come see us at Origins!

tsofian Sponsoring Member of TMP28 May 2018 4:41 p.m. PST

The Bug strikes my Bugs!

rvandusen Supporting Member of TMP29 May 2018 2:10 a.m. PST

The Bugs already using electronic warfare on TMP!

That's a very cool idea for hive terrain. The spray foam gives a nice effect also. A few years back I painted a mob of Space Demons and some "Marines" for 15mm bug hunting, but they've never seen any action. I won't part with them, but have not embarked on terrain making for the project. I need to do this soon.

tsofian Sponsoring Member of TMP29 May 2018 6:03 a.m. PST

rvandusen
I bought into the Bugs kickstarter in a big way. I intend upon integrating their tunnels into my terrain.

I have an idea. I can bring my terrain to Origins some year, or maybe Gencon and let folks bring their troops and play a session with their troops and rules on my terrain.

Is that a decent idea?

Lion in the Stars29 May 2018 9:50 a.m. PST

If you have the tables for the whole Con, I'd do it in the slots where you aren't running one of your games.

Still hoping to make it to GenCon soon…

tsofian Sponsoring Member of TMP29 May 2018 10:48 a.m. PST

I'll be at Origins this year, maybe Gencon again in the future

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.