Help support TMP

"Miniature Shops in London" Topic

17 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Medieval Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Wargaming in General Message Board

4,986 hits since 13 May 2007
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Sicilian Templar Knight Inactive Member13 May 2007 4:22 p.m. PST

I will travel to London this July and I wondered if anyone could give me information on any wargames shops in that area (the address, nearest Tube station or Bus, etc). In particular I try a store where I can find miniature of this producers: TAG, Black Three Design, Gripping Beast, Kingsford. I'm staying near Kings Cross area but i want visit all city, again :)

Many thanks

Connard Sage Inactive Member13 May 2007 4:29 p.m. PST

There are none. They're all full size

Connard Sage Inactive Member13 May 2007 4:30 p.m. PST

…and on a slightly more useful note

TMP link

Jana Wang Inactive Member13 May 2007 8:54 p.m. PST

Orc's Nest carries none of those makers, or didn't when I visited in November.

Playin' Games is a boardgames and toy store.

There's a GW store in London, but I didn't visit it.

All these can be found at google maps by searching "game" on the London map.

imrael14 May 2007 12:35 a.m. PST

London isn't great for Games stores. There aren't actually that many independent stores in the UK, but there are some good ones around. Do you have time to travel (perhaps by train) out of London for a half-day or day?

Thomas Nissvik14 May 2007 1:04 a.m. PST

Leisure Games is the only one besides Orc's Nest that I found. They may have someting of what you want, drop them a line to find out.
leisuregames.com

If they do, they are something like half an hour by tube from Kings Cross and easy to find once you get off the tube.
Whereabouts in Kings Cross will you be staying, by the way?

Sicilian Templar Knight Inactive Member14 May 2007 4:01 a.m. PST

Thnx guy's

X imrael: yes. i want visit Oxford, Cambridge and some area's near LOndon this time (i stay 15 days, this is my second travel in this beautiful city)

X Thomas: in London Kings Cross Royal Scot hotel, 100 Kings Cross Road London WC1X 9DT. Is not "the best hotel in the world" but is nice (we stay in hotel only the night, usually we go for the city all the day)

but now i'm unsure: my girl would want to change and to sleep in some good characteristic B&B or similar. we love the typical English rooms :)

The Midge Inactive Member14 May 2007 4:31 a.m. PST

If you want Gripping Beast then may be you should visit Evesham where they are based. It is not all that far from Oxford.

imrael14 May 2007 5:03 a.m. PST

There is an indie shop in Oxford as well – can't find detils at present but will have another look tonight.

Father Georgi Inactive Member14 May 2007 9:04 a.m. PST

From Fenchurch Street you can catch a train to Lea on Sea and visit Caliver Books, which is a treasure trove of mibnitures , paints, rules and books

Personal logo Khazarmac Supporting Member of TMP14 May 2007 11:06 a.m. PST

Something that might be possible for you to do is to order figures from various British manufacturers and have them sent to your hotel. You may have to ask the manager nicely, but if you are staying there for 15 nights he should be pretty helpful. That way you would save on international postage.

Have a browse through the travel boards as well, or use Kawasaki's link, to find lots of other places in and around London to visit. Tell us what period of history you like, and I am sure we can come up with lots of period-specific places for you to visit too!

Malc

NoLongerAMember Inactive Member14 May 2007 12:35 p.m. PST

Your best bet would be to see if there is a Wargames show on when your here, other than that shops with a good range of miniatures are very few and far between.

No Name02 Inactive Member15 Jun 2007 5:10 a.m. PST

Miniatures in the UK (with the exception of GW) are bought mainly through the post or at shows. A good show is the best bet.

Sicilian Templar Knight Inactive Member14 Jul 2007 8:25 a.m. PST

Thnx to all guy's, and sorry for my retard

yes, i think Justin idea is the best way for me. I can see the miniature's in a wargaming show, and after i can decide if pay it or not :)

some fest in London from 11 August to 25?

X Khazarmac: thank you men :)
i like ALL history period of UK (i love very much Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England), but first of all i LOVE medieval. This is my 4th travel in UK, the second in London (first time i visit Buckingham, Madame Trussau, The tower, etc). Now i want see The temple and others. Also i want going to Canterury, Oxford, Cambridge and Windsor with bus or train :P

x The Midge: thakns i try

x imrael: thanks men, some news? ;)

x Father Georgi: excuse me, what is Lea on Sea?

Timmo uk Inactive Member15 Jul 2007 5:38 p.m. PST

Cambridge is beautiful city but there's not even a model shop in town anymore.

York well worth a visit too.

Sicilian Templar Knight Inactive Member16 Jul 2007 12:09 a.m. PST

York? Mmhhhh, intresting. Thnx men.

Ops, errata corridge for the last post: Madame Tussauds, not "trussau" :P

lanioheck Inactive Member19 Jul 2007 11:25 a.m. PST

I am sure that there will be a link elsewhere with lists of traders but there is a show in London on 12th August. Whiff of grapeshot at the Woolwich arsenal. Good chance to visit the museum as there are some fantastic guns to see. Includes the two guns from the Crimean War what the Victoria Crosses are made from.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.